Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by Nad View Post
I have tried it 3 times and it has worked everytime for me. I can't guarantee it for you and obviously it risks permanently bricking you phone. Obviously this is a suggestion and it will be you who bears the risk if it does not work!.

I did as follows:

"flasher -f -F main.bin --erase-user-data=secure -F emmc.bin --erase-mmc=secure" (no quotes)

When this has started, you have 2 options:
1a - either CTRL+Z (Linux) or kill cmd.exe and flasher.exe with Task Manager (WIndows).
1b - Pull out the cable from the phone when the tasks have been killed

or

2 - Just pull out the cable when the phone is zeroising.

After this, turn the phone off and then on. You will get a message saying "Install an Authorised Operating System".

Turn off the phone and run:
""flasher -F main.bin -F emmc.bin -f""

And the phone should accept it and start flashing.

Like I have said, I have done it a few times and not noticed any issues (albeit theoretically it could damage the flash memory) but it may allow you to flash unsigned kernels.
Thanks for the tip.
One more thing to be sure: you "pull the cable/kill cmd.exe" right after the flash start, or you just pull it before flash end? (no matter which % is)

The Following User Says Thank You to flotron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 121 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ India
can any one please provide me a moslo kernel so that I can flash it from windows.

I'm also a windows user (yeah, yeah...blerg) who is stuck at the flashing moslo part. Everything up till that point is flawless, but at that step the flasher gives me errors like "bad initfs format in initrd-moslo" and "FIASCO ERROR: initrd-moslo: no such file or directory". I downloaded the moslo.rpm and used 7-zip to extract it, getting only a .cpio file with the same name as the .rpm package had. I put that in the flasher folder and tried to use the command listed...but to no avail.

Would anyone have a work around or suggestion?

Originally Posted by jinnn_1989 View Post
can any one please provide me a moslo kernel so that I can flash it from windows.
jinnn_1989, this is all I've saved around for MOSLO. Check if you find what you are looking for: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4uxoiasfdp42ou0/IA3xRZd7yK

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by fhtagn View Post
I'm also a windows user (yeah, yeah...blerg) who is stuck at the flashing moslo part. Everything up till that point is flawless, but at that step the flasher gives me errors like "bad initfs format in initrd-moslo" and "FIASCO ERROR: initrd-moslo: no such file or directory". I downloaded the moslo.rpm and used 7-zip to extract it, getting only a .cpio file with the same name as the .rpm package had. I put that in the flasher folder and tried to use the command listed...but to no avail.

Would anyone have a work around or suggestion?
dont think you can use windoze to extract the moslo image
you can use a live-cd to boot off and flash using that.
For live-cd, i recomend either burning a cd, or use unetbootin, to create a bootable USB Stick with some linux distribution.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by henry91 View Post
guys and girls, I'm using Windows 7 and I've read the whole thread, which leads to Windows couldn't install Sailfish OS at all?

I don't know what to do next through, I'm currently at flashing MOSLO kernel and the RootFS and Alt OS is exported via USB and I can't see it (because of Windows, yeah), my PC prompts me to format my N9 in order to use it. Is there any alternate way to proceed this step?

PS: I don't have any Linux PC
As stated already there is only one way then:

boot harmattan and copy tar.bz2 file to /home/user/MyStuff/Documents (the only partition Winblows will see X:/Documents or something...)

When uploaded: open terminal on your n9:

and write:

Code:
devel-su
mount /dev/mmcblkp4 /mnt
cd /mnt
tar --numeric-owner -xjvf /home/user/MyStuff/Documents/sailfish-filename.tar.bz2
cd ..
umount /mnt
sync  # wait some seconds...
exit
Now reboot device

Notice this is only valid if you have partitioned the device and using uubiboot as described before... I take no responsibility if you break the phone

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-12-09 at 21:17.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I've upgraded to 1.0.1.10, battery indicator now works on N950 Swipes still rotated though.

The upgrade process is by changing the URLs of the repos in ssu.ini to 1.0.1.10, then doing ssu ur, zypper ref and finally zypper up. However that fails as some packages are missing (this time more important ones). So, I manually upgraded all packages by copying the list from the upgrade info and doing zypper in list... and removing the missing packages one by one.

Last edited by Bundyo; 2013-12-09 at 20:04.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
Sailfish updated. Sailfish for N9 should be update too
My thanks to all involved in this porting work. Outstanding job!

I have been trying the 1.0.0.5 image. Is there a recommended upgrade procedure beyond
zypper ref
zypper dup
zypper in -t pattern nemo-n950-wayland
?

The Following User Says Thank You to caveman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
I've upgraded to 1.0.1.10, battery indicator now works on N950
Would you please document the upgrade steps?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
Would you please document the upgrade steps?
Just did, check my post again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish