Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Here is new build of ‘headphonefix’ with the icon

@wook_sf Sorry, but I didn't integrated your idea with switching icon, because if device was rebooted or if device suddenly recognizes headset and changes audio output automagically, the icon will not reflect current state anymore. I don't know a good solution here. So, lets keep only one icon which will not reflect current state, but also will not cause misunderstanding.
Attached Files
File Type: deb headphonefix_0.0.2_armel.deb (8.9 KB, 193 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
Originally Posted by Mitrandir View Post
Here is new build of ‘headphonefix’ with the icon

@wook_sf Sorry, but I didn't integrated your idea with switching icon, because if device was rebooted or if device suddenly recognizes headset and changes audio output automagically, the icon will not reflect current state anymore. I don't know a good solution here. So, lets keep only one icon which will not reflect current state, but also will not cause misunderstanding.
yes, i noticed that :S what do you think about making a daemon that runs in background? or even autostart script that will simply copy headphonefix_0.svg to /home/user/headphone_icon.svg it is not a big deal, and i think i can find more events to simulate

Originally Posted by Mitrandir View Post
So, when you clicking on the icon, sound still goes to speaker?
The fix displays a messages "speaker → headphone" and "headphone → speaker" depending on change performed. Did you see both messages? Or only "speaker → headphone" one?
I have to test again to tell you the exact behavior.
I see both messages, and something happens, but when I plug the headphone I can hear the sound 1 sec sometimes, most of the time I hear a "SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" then nothing, I have to unplug.

I test again and make you a full report asap.

Weird...

Have this headset worked before with N9?

I have two versions:
1. May be it has different pinout
2. May be degradation of your audio socket on device is worse than ours... And not only headset detection fails, but audio signal as well...

maybe we should write proper audio drivers for this system, with system wide equalizer? Mitrandir, what do you think?
i was investigating last night, all possible events on input, and there's nothing that occurs during jack plug in/out :S
it's really strange...probably driver issue...probably

Actually, I'm not so good at linux' internals to write drivers

I have investigated audio inputs/outpus with alsamixer before creating my fix. When device does not recognize headset, nothing happens in alsamixer, you're right. If it does recognize, a couple of outputs gets muted, a couple another gets unmuted. But muting/unmuting these outputs gives nothing.

As far as I understood, there are two distinct audio devices in the phone — "twl4030" for speaker and external mics and "dac32" for headset. And when device correctly recognizes headset insertion and ejection, it powers down one audio device and powers up another.

Anyway, after investigating all this for a couple of evenings, it seems to me that this is more hardware than software issue... I don't think audio device driver or something might be broken. But I can imagine easily that some electric contact in connector was failed...

Last edited by Mitrandir; 2012-06-06 at 12:00.

i think it's not just connector, it's something else because i checked all contacts and they are fine (not that i have schematics, but it would be very good to have it)
damn

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Nu1st Street, Iron Triange, Richmond, CA
So if you have a iphone headset with mic, I can install deb and get headset to work by toggling icon?
@martycollinsesq

Originally Posted by martycollinsesq View Post
So if you have a iphone headset with mic, I can install deb and get headset to work by toggling icon?
probably you will hear something, but this is not making nokia use iPhone's technology of inverted jack.
get adapter

wook_sf, do you mean that iPhone's headset has different piout? Isn't it why stratax has noise instead of sound with iPod's headset, described in this post: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=28 ?