Active Topics

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I am able to see the ad-network created by the N9 from both a Dell Streak 5 (running Cyanogenmod 7) and from the N900 running Fremantle (CSSU Testing+KP).

However, none of them are capable of connecting to the network. In the Dell Streak I see that the device is waiting to receive an IP while the N900 gets stuck trying to connect.

Every configuration parameter in the N9 Hotspot application are set to default, so I don't know what could be the problem.

Worst thing is that after activating the Wifi Hotspot application and trying to connect, even turning it off, the N9 is unable to connect to any Wifi network. A reboot is needed to get the wifi working again.

I have also checked that my laptop is capable of connect and use the Internet from the N9 Hotspot with Windows 7 64 bits.

Last edited by ivgalvez; 2013-04-02 at 14:54.

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Hey there
Don't wanna start new thread so i gonna ask here
My computer's (laptop and desktop) can connect to the N9 but they can't access to the Internet through N9. Do I need to set IP or something manually? Or it should work automatically by default settings?

Moderator | Posts: 199 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on May 2009 @ turku, finland
@Kroll
it used to work, since a month or so it doesn't. i have no idea why. like you, i can connect to the wifi hotspot with several devices, but with neither one of them is it possible to do any web browsing. strangely enough, there seems to be a tiny bit of data transfer going on, both up and down.

The Following User Says Thank You to edgar2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
@edgar2
yeah, same thing.
I wonder if hotspot application has been broken in last firmware version...

The Following User Says Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 199 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on May 2009 @ turku, finland
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
@edgar2
yeah, same thing.
I wonder if hotspot application has been broken in last firmware version...
i doubt it's the firmware upgrade, since i've been using it fine with pr1.3

The Following User Says Thank You to edgar2 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I had around >1 month ago similar symptoms of my Lumia not being able to access the internet even though connected to the hotspot.

At that time I put it down to the Lumia being the cause but reading the posts here kinda confirms the N9 may have been the cause...

Funny thing is I just tried it and it works for all my devices... What concerns me however is I got an ad for Joikuspeed; this kinda makes me feel that Joikuspot are disabling their application remotely... If they are suddenly able to remotely send ads they surely retain the ability to disarm their app too hence we are somewhat screwed...

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Macon, GA | Warsaw, PL | Hanoi, VN
I too noticed the ad for joiku-something when I launched the wifi hotspot app. I also experienced the same issue edgar2 reported. I thought it was due to T-Mobile blocking my hotspot, but even after calling T-Mobile and making sure that hotspot is enabled on their side, hotspot still doesn't work.

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bangalore
I have the advert too, but I'm able to hotspot and connect to it ony desktop. Can anyone see if it is possible to use the hotspot application from the older PR if thos fixes the problem? For some reason i think the advert feature got added onto the software in the last release.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Macon, GA | Warsaw, PL | Hanoi, VN
I just tried to use my MacBook with N9's hotspot and it worked. However, a Windows 7 laptop was not able to connect to the Internet. Even though the systems indicates that there is Internet connection for IPv4, I cannot open any web pages.

At first I thought this was an issue with Windows devices, as a Windows 8 tablet cannot connect to the hotspot either. But when I try to connect the iPad to the hotspot, it doesn't work either. It behaves just like the Windows 7 laptop, i.e. connects to the hotspot, receives Wifi signal, gets assigned the proper IPv4 address (within the range I have specified in the app), but cannot load any web pages. This is strange because the iPad used to be able to browse the web using the hotspot connection.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Originally Posted by Dinho View Post
I just tried to use my MacBook with N9's hotspot and it worked. However, a Windows 7 laptop was not able to connect to the Internet. Even though the systems indicates that there is Internet connection for IPv4, I cannot open any web pages.

At first I thought this was an issue with Windows devices, as a Windows 8 tablet cannot connect to the hotspot either. But when I try to connect the iPad to the hotspot, it doesn't work either. It behaves just like the Windows 7 laptop, i.e. connects to the hotspot, receives Wifi signal, gets assigned the proper IPv4 address (within the range I have specified in the app), but cannot load any web pages. This is strange because the iPad used to be able to browse the web using the hotspot connection.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?
Hmmmm....weird. I've connected my ipad and macbook to my N9's hotspot throughout this week and had no problems. Also, the only time I see the ad is after I stop the hotspot session.