Navit
http://navit.sourceforge.net/

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.p...orum_id=512959

Admin

Navit on pdas
By: Nekonota (nekonota) - 2007-04-11 12:03
Hi,
I just discovered the project and it looks very promising but I wonder if it's (soon to be) usable on OPIE PDAs or even on the nokia n800 tablet or if there are still problems with ARM processors

RE: Navit on pdas
By: Martin Schaller (martin-sProject Admin) - 2007-11-06 00:17
For OPIE PDAs you currently need the qt x-server and the gtk libraries installed, gpe works quite nice.
Navit works on n800 tablet, ARM processors work nice with navit, there are some configure flags to avoid floating point and unaligned accesses

Darius

The Following User Says Thank You to Darius2006 For This Useful Post:
Interesting, especially if it can be made to use the maps preloaded on the N810... Gtk and SDL make it a good candidate for the maemo environment. He does say it already works on the N800, but there doesn't seem to be a ready-made package available (yet).

Last edited by fpp; 2007-11-17 at 16:23.

Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Interesting, especially if it can be made to use the maps preloaded on the N810... Gtk and SDL make it a good candidate for the maemo environment. He does it already works on the N800, but there doesn't seem to be a ready-made package available (yet).
Ok. I'll contact Martin to publish .deb package.

Darius

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Interesting, especially if it can be made to use the maps preloaded on the N810...
Yes, that would be terrific, it supports various map formats, so maybe using the bundled maps won't be too difficult.
I tried the cvs version on a laptop and with the sample map routing seems to work well. It wouldn't display street names on the map, only in the contextual menu, but for a 0.2 version it seems pretty good.

Yes, looks very interesting

Hi,
I got it running under gutsy with some old maps, too. Very fast routing on my P4 (OK, on the N770/N800 it won't be as fast...).
What about a first package?
Has anybody asked 'Martin' ?

Originally Posted by Darius2006 View Post
Ok. I'll contact Martin to publish .deb package.

Darius
I have not been able to find a deb. Is there a compiled os2008 (n800) version available?

Originally Posted by asys3 View Post
Hi,
I got it running under gutsy with some old maps, too. Very fast routing on my P4 (OK, on the N770/N800 it won't be as fast...).
What about a first package?
Has anybody asked 'Martin' ?
I left a message to Martin on NAVIT forum on sourceforge.net. So far no reply. I hope he will reply after holidays are done.

I also found similar application 'RoadNav' on the same sourceforge.net. It was mentioned that it works on Linux but no specific mention about N800 though.

Originally Posted by venubvs View Post
I also found similar application 'RoadNav' on the same sourceforge.net. It was mentioned that it works on Linux but no specific mention about N800 though.
RoadNav looks pretty neat, I think I'll see if I can get it running.

Another application that works great is "roadmap":
http://roadmap.sourceforge.net/

Itt also uses the same line-maps that RoadNav uses, they take up little space compared to the bitmap maps.

Roadnav and roadmap soundinteresting. It looks like roadnav may have the routing better integrated. I would look forward to either one being released.