Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
y
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
...will it (RAZR) host Ice cream Sandwich?

I don't think Ice cream Sandwich will kill the N9...
The RAZR has already been confirmed to get ICS. HTC has said it will upgrade as many devices as possible to ICS - whatever that means. Google says ICS can theoretically run on any device running Gingerbread (Android 2.3). No doubt some 2.3 units will get left behind but quite few should get ICS directly from the OEM. Others will be upgradeable via custom ROMs. Basically, if you have a phone with about a 1GHz or so processor and 512mb ram ICS should run great.

ICS will not kill the N9. MS and Elop didn't abort the baby, but they made sure it was stillborn. Just short of 1st degree murder but worse than manslaughter.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Last edited by Crashdamage; 2011-10-24 at 15:51.

So N9 or Prime of RAZR?

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by oweng View Post
So N9 or Prime of RAZR?
You're kidding right? N9 all over the place \o/

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
Its a good marketing comparison and we all know that is what counts in the real world
I know you're joking, but I still have disagree. A good marketing comparison exists; I doubt that Nokia would find, exploit or utilize it.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
not sure why people get emotional when one talks about anything N9xx and another brand in the same line or sentence.

Keep your N9, sleep with it or do whatever, TMO is not a N9/Meego home BTW, to me it has become a place where I can get some opinion from some of the learned people, dont want to get into same situation as I did with N900 where Nokia stopped supporting in less than a year of its launch whereas there is full support available on (atleast) Samsung platform still for its older platforms.

If you dont like the thread then stay away as I do from some threads.

The Following User Says Thank You to vivmak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olympus View Post
You're kidding right? N9 all over the place \o/
I am here to be enlightened, can you briefly show me the pros and cons please?

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
No its you that iritates me because there is too many stupid threads like this at TMO! To much talk about a dead platform and similar stupid crap.

Thing is I NEVER buy devices how hyped it is or how many other people have it. Thats different from many here. Who are so damn affraid about if they buy a device the masses dont have.
I'd rather say that sort of people are dwelling on apple-sites in such case, not here. I don't really consider N800 and N900 owners (the typical users visiting TMO) being the ones who are afraid to buy a device not honored by the masses. I'd rather say the typical TMO user thinks for him/herself, not caring so much about hype. Otherwise this site would be long ago dead and the Maemo devices along with it.

It doesn't really matter anyway, there is no need to come into another posters thread and be all nasty. Its a fully legit thread obeying site rules and posted in the right category.
More than one person here was interested in the topic and that's enough reason for it to exist.

I am here to be enlightened, can you briefly show me the pros and cons please?
Well firstly, i'm quite confident that nor Prime (Galaxy Nexus it is called now) or RAZR come close to the beauty and hardware finish of the n9. Surely the CPU power is better (but not so much in real life as in numbers) on the android devices but i don't really need a quad core 2GHz processor if my phone is running fast and snappy without it, so that's not a problem for me. Slightly bigger screens on nexus and RAZR can be a pro or a con, that's up to you to decide . In camera department the three devices are roughly said pretty much the same i think. If we look at the OS: Meego Harmattan with swipe really is a breath of fresh air and in combination with the device's design it just seems the perfect package. And let's not forget the multitasking. On the other hand, android as plain OS is nothing special but it has tons of apps, so it can be a big + for you if you're an app guy. I'm not (obviously) as i am using an n900 and am still very happy with it but i think the time has come for an upgrade.

So at the end, there are three things that bother me on the n9, no flash support, (which RAZR and Nexus have, so that's a big + for them), no hardware keyboard (same with other two) and no SD card slot (razr and prime have it, so + for them again) but i'd go for 64gb version anyway so it would help me forget about it i think. I must say I'm not tempted by the razr or nexus at all but i just might be with Samsung Galaxy Note as it could provide something new with that large screen and stylus.

Last edited by olympus; 2011-10-26 at 16:21.

Originally Posted by olympus View Post
Well firstly, i'm quite confident that nor Prime (Galaxy Nexus it is called now) or RAZR come close to the beauty and hardware finish of the n9. Surely the CPU power is better (but not so much in real life as in numbers) on the android devices but i don't really need a quad core 2GHz processor if my phone is running fast and snappy without it, so that's not a problem for me. Slightly bigger screens on nexus and RAZR can be a pro or a con, that's up to you to decide . In camera department the three devices are roughly said pretty much the same i think. If we look at the OS: Meego Harmattan with swipe really is a breath of fresh air and in combination with the device's design it just seems the perfect package. And let's not forget the multitasking. On the other hand, android as plain OS is nothing special but it has tons of apps, so it can be a big + for you if you're an app guy. I'm not (obviously) as i am using an n900 and am still very happy with it but i think the time has come for an upgrade.

So at the end, there are three things that bother me on the n9, no flash support, (which RAZR and Nexus have, so that's a big + for them), no hardware keyboard (same with other two) and no SD card slot (razr and prime have it, so + for them again) but i'd go for 64gb version anyway so it would help me forget about it i think. I must say I'm not tempted by the razr or nexus at all but i just might be with Samsung Galaxy Note as it could provide something new with that large screen and stylus.
Same concerns, pros and cons noted here, but I would like a good video player with broad codec support.

Same concerns, pros and cons noted here, but I would like a good video player with broad codec support.
Oh yes, me too. Forgot to mention that. Damn :P