Posts: 34 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by dsmudger
Did you get yours Gareth?

We now know that Nokia were out of stock by order no. 201095 (thanks WillS!!). Given that there is apparently no split by country (e.g. it could have been 200xxx for UK, 300xxx for Belgium etc), it seems that there were almost certainly 1000 units available/sold in the whole of Europe in that first batch... (makes me feel very lucky to have one )
Thanks to all who submitted their numbers!
I've got number 200514 (from Germany) with state "out of stock" on Nov 4th. I'm pretty sure they never had a single one in stock for Germany, France and Austria. Even when the Nokia order page was announced Nov 3rd they where out of stock for these countries.
So, you have to recalculate your guess ...

Nokia sent me an email that the devices will be delivered end of November.

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Central London
Originally Posted by elwood
I ordered on friday 4th. The order number is 200444 and it was already out of stock.
How strange... fietske got his(/hers?) and the number was 200512

I suppose there must have been a set allocation per country (which makes sense given the country-specific sites - up 'til now I'd assumed this was purely for billing and currency reasons), and it'd been used up for your country (what is that ellwood?) before Europe-wide order no. 444. Apparently Belgium (ellwood's country) had not used up their quota before 512 units had been ordered in Europe overall.

It'll be almost impossible to work out what those country-specific quotas were though (well, well maybe from the 'Pick slip' numbers - look on the top of your invoice - mine was 128013 - makes me think maybe I was the 13th in the UK...??). There are a few other numbers on my invoice - one of those is bound to be UK-specific

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Midlands, UK
FWIW - UK, order number 202306, on back order.
I don't know the due date, as my missus won't tell me 'cos it's my Xmas/B'day present ... :-)

Last edited by jaycee; 2005-11-24 at 23:20.

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ central georgia, usa
Order 57231054

Tuesday 15 Nov

Looks like the order-number ploy has crumbled...

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Central London
Originally Posted by putkowski
Order 57231054

Tuesday 15 Nov

Looks like the order-number ploy has crumbled...
Ah yes, but that's a US order no. - we're speculating about the first European batch here

Originally Posted by dsmudger
I suppose there must have been a set allocation per country (which makes sense given the country-specific sites - up 'til now I'd assumed this was purely for billing and currency reasons), and it'd been used up for your country (what is that ellwood?)...
Germany. I thought I was a bit late when I ordered friday evening after work, but I guess there were no devices available here to start with.

This is from the comfirmation of shipping:

Shipping details:

Item: 0278013
Description: Nokia 770 Internet Tablet (FI,, SE, DK) SU-18
Shipped: 1 @ 302.46 EUR = 302.46 EUR

FI, SE and DK stand for Finland, Sweden and Denmark. Wonder if there was an amount of 770's allocated to this group of countries. In Finnish and Swedish we have same characters in the virtual keyboard, but on the other hand the danish have their own.