Active Topics

Notices

Ive just uploaded the first version of my Google Latitude desktop widget.

Installation
Install package pgz-latitude-widget from HAM or FAM

History
* Added settings for positional method
* Save/restore settings properly
* Check for NaN
* This may still have a crash bug that only seems to appear after some hours use

Description
Desktop Widget that displays your current location, and updates your location on google latitude.

This is not a full blown latitude app that allows you to see your friends locations (that may come as a webview based app) because the google api does not allow it, you have to use a browser for that.

Just add the widget to your desktop. On first run, it will open a web browser asking you to log into your google account and authorize it. This uses the OAuth protocol, so the app never knows your login details.

The OAuth magic only works with microb, not with opera, so make sure your default browser is microb if you have used the browser switcher to change it.

The only setting at the moment is the update interval, which defaults to 5 minutes, and can be set up to 60.

Enjoy!

Last edited by piggz; 2011-05-26 at 20:53. Reason: New Version

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to piggz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Spain
Hmmm, too bad the only microB thing (nowadays I use Opera). But I'll give it a try for sure.

Originally Posted by jpala16 View Post
Hmmm, too bad the only microB thing (nowadays I use Opera). But I'll give it a try for sure.
You only need microb for the first ever authorization. Once its authorized and got the tokens, you can go back to opera (infact, thats exactly what i do, and why i know it doesnt work with opera!)

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
will try it too, as soon as it pops up in the list (auto-builder seems not ready with it yet )

yeah, i seem to be having some build issues! just need to get the right package dependencies, as it builds ok on my scratchbox

good, I'll check back in the morning then... (GMT+2 here)

Build now OK!

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
May I request a configurable daemon only instead? Just want something that updates my location on Google Latitude. Preferably with configurable intervals and types (GSM, GPS) of updates. Nothing more than that. The widget is for those that one a more visual result.

Result of testing 0.0.2:
- after install and authentication, a blank browser window pointing to localhost:6667 (or something like that) hangs
- widget setup popup hangs
- would be great to be able to select GSM/GPS as update
- a daemon would even be better, so the widget isn't required

correction: the widget setup popup doesn't hang, it merely ignores touch/stylus input. Keyboard works fine (number keyboard already locked), and press enter to close it.