Active Topics

As in the title - many people complain phones are too big (me included) yet this little phone is in the AOSP and has no port.

Did someone try and have problems?

The Following User Says Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
I can't speak for anyone else, but I have been an Xperia compact phone user going back to Z1 Compact on KitKat, (2014 I think - I actually had an X10 Mini in 2011 and an Active in 2012, but things were different then...), so I am always monitoring and occasionally testing whatever they come up with next, and, when I started to get interested in the XZ phones, what I noticed was that the specs for XZ1c and XZ2c were almost the same, but the XZ1c seemed harder to get and more expensive. I have no idea why, beyond speculation, but that's the main reason I never bothered with the XZ1c, (but am currently using my second XZ2c).... Maybe Sailfish devs noticed the same thing...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the reply levone

For me the ZX2c is significantly thicker which isn't great, I could live with it but the missing headphone socket makes it a no-go.

As you've been interested throughout is it safe to say no-one's tried the XZ1c? Not saying I'd definitely get it working but if someone experienced already tried and failed I don't like my chances as a newbie.

The Following User Says Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
Thanks for the reply levone

For me the ZX2c is significantly thicker which isn't great, I could live with it but the missing headphone socket makes it a no-go.

As you've been interested throughout is it safe to say no-one's tried the XZ1c? Not saying I'd definitely get it working but if someone experienced already tried and failed I don't like my chances as a newbie.
I haven't heard of anybody trying. However, there does seem to be plenty of development for it at XDA, etc, so seems like worth a shot. I guess it's a Yoshino device. I might be wrong, but I don't think any of the other Sailfish devices are, so maybe additional challenge there...

As far as headphone jack - XZ2c does come with usb-c plugin headphones, and you probably could get an adapter to use other ones...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post: