Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by kb61 View Post
i hope they dont make a device with hwkb, if they want to be successfull a geek device wont work...
There is plenty of demand for a hardware keyboard here, but obviously they would have a much bigger market with touch-screen online device

Originally Posted by kb61 View Post
i hope they dont make a device with hwkb, if they want to be successfull a geek device wont work...
I seriously hope this is attempt at trolling similar to the jolla-fanpage comment by user 'hipster' expressing similar 'worry'. For me it seems 99% of people looking up development on Jolla are post N900 users who never had a chance at n950. N9 copycat is going to fail. Will probably end up with 920 if that happens as my phone/photo device and n900 for rest/most

Instead it may very well end that China copying everything and Jolla gets RIP end in a half of a year. THAT has happened before for small companys...
its open source

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
its open source
really? the hwdesign too? Seriously they had to make money on what they deliver, thats what I meant. Thats basic understanding...

But if everyone start copy them they ruin theyr own bussiness faster than Elop kills Nokia...

"The 200M€ ecosystem financing will come in gradually from Jolla"

thats ONLY the ecosystem so whom will pay jollas bills?

I Dont wanna be negative and hopes on Jolla but there is alot unclear about theyr bussiness model and investments...

Were do they expect getting the money that fast... and WHOM?

Its not only those 200M EUR it also about paying the workers, marketing etc...

Btw. Still not a world about the european/US market. Start make me wonder if they will e allowed to sell in here...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-10-02 at 20:25.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
iDont care. If product is cool and provides necessary frequencies, i will import via colleague directly from HK

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I think it's best if everyone takes a few minutes and read about the sailfish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailfish

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

But if everyone start copy them they ruin theyr own bussiness faster than Elop kills Nokia...
Jolla doesn't have much intellectual property, I guess they don't mind doing business in a "wild west" market. They have a certain knowhow, I doubt others could pull off the same with similar manpower. That is their competitive advantage.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I think it's best if everyone takes a few minutes and read about the sailfish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailfish
Or rather this sailfish?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailfish_%28sailboat%29

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Not sure what you mean here
See Aegis.

but if the standard hosts approach doesn't work, writing a daemon that activates (through hosts to a local apache server for example) when ad needs to be served and providing 'Long live maemo!' jpg instead might be an option...
I see that and raise you MALF.

This is never ending game of thieves vs police, police never wins
Perhaps, but personally I'm not at all interested in spending money and time to play that game.

Originally Posted by lma View Post
See Aegis.

I see that and raise you MALF.

Perhaps, but personally I'm not at all interested in spending money and time to play that game.
So don't, buy android/wp... There are enough tinkerers out there to do it for you, so once you are barfing with alternatives you'll have something to come back to (I hope at least). Aegis... see inception. Not sure on malf, as have no n9 and only thing that comes up is how to fix it. Police vs thieves, or security vs hackers game will be played forever, with you or without you. If you enjoy the chase, you're in for a good time. If you are the one trying to police, for a bad time. Whatever policeman comes up with is a loosing game, as they are always step backwards. It's the same human-brain force policing vs the same brain-force cracking, but only needing to reverse the super-non-crackable thought/idea that someone on the police-force had. Maybe with quantum-mobile-computing security will happen. So far 30+ years of cracking prove it is a losers game for the police. The only thing that will be needed for the new device that comes out will be a kickstarter project to reverse engineer wifi drivers to open them up. Considering some already are selling N900 with custom firmware for nearly 1000$ a piece exactly for this purpose this shouldn't be that hard to accomplish.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla