Notices

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Re-installed it and this time no dependency issue (I must have been too early grabbing the previous version last time).

After installing it and running it from the menu - nothing happens (this is N810/Diablo).

I also tried running it from the terminal using
" $: python /opt/Nqa-Audiobook-player/nqaap.py"
(even though I didn't know Diablo had optimized python) and got a number of error messages:

Traceback:
File "/opt/Nqa-Audiobook-player/nqaap.py", line 26, in <module> nqaap_gtk.run()

[other stuff...]

Ending with
UnboundlocalError: local variable "SimplePlayer' referenced before assignment

Then it terminates.
A couple of Maemo 4.1 issues have been fixewd and will be i n the next release.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Thanks, it installs fine.
Was able to try it out for the first time tonight.
Selecting the folder manually worked well.

However...
It doesn't remember where in the file I stopped playing (like Panucci does).
The stop/start button at the bottom sometimes said stop when it was stopped and play when it was playing.
The forward/next/back buttons are not large enough to be finger friendly if that was the intent. The UI is simple (which I don't mind) but arranged on the screen in a rather unpleasing way.
It also didn't display what min/sec I was at..out of how many min/secs in total.

To sum up my first impressions:
I feel like a debbie-downer but I feel that the most efficient way would be to enhance Panucci with the option of selecting a folder to play. That would give a full-featured audio-player capable of playing audiobooks in folders.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The new version is so cool, thanks developer

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Thanks, it installs fine.

To sum up my first impressions:
I feel like a debbie-downer but I feel that the most efficient way would be to enhance Panucci with the option of selecting a folder to play. That would give a full-featured audio-player capable of playing audiobooks in folders.
The one thing this adds over that approach is the ability to play awb files which means your book chapters won't be selected by the media player when listening to music randomly which is how I always do it. It does take an extra step or two to create awb files prior to loading them. All of life is a trade-off.

Fred

Edit: Oh yeah, awb files are MUCH smaller than MP3s.

Last edited by ffarber; 2010-05-09 at 17:42.

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
Hi all-

I just installed 8.1.0 and it seems the icon did not get uploaded correctly and is just a white square. Everything else seems to work as it did in 8.0.3.

Fred

Installed from Devel. It's working. But the icon is pure white.

Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
Installed from Devel. It's working. But the icon is pure white.
Try rebooting, if you haven't already done so. I've had this with other apps, but with a blue square. The naaqp icon showed up as white square for me too, but a boot fixed it.

After installation of 8.1.1 version... covers has gone.

Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
Can you spell out in the manner of Maemo for Idiots just what you do? Is the "*" an "*" or does it stand for something? I take it that "book" is the name of the book, but is it a folder, too? Are you running this command from the folder where the "book.m3u" folder is? Have you pre-made such a folder or is it created by this ls command? You get the idea: I'm not looking to get those questions answered but just to get a clear Idiot's guide of a step-by-step.

Thanks!!
I didn't see an answer to this. Although I'm more in the "Idiot" category than "Expert" on this subject, I think the m3u file is just a simple text file that lists file names. Here is a post in the Panucci thread that I found helpful:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=83

Also, although development on Panucci for Diablo has appeared to come to a halt, there is a Panucci 0.4 that requires some manual installation hurdles, but supports adding a directory.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by awygas View Post
After installation of 8.1.1 version... covers has gone.
I have the same issue.