Active Topics

Originally Posted by ArmandHammer View Post
im having horrible syncing problems with both my exchange and gmail.
i have it set to check every 30 minutes but it syncs randomly. sometimes days at a time. Anybody have this happen it them?
yea - i have it set to automatically check every hour and yet it can sometimes go hours without checking.

Love my N900. My main reason to Jump from BB to N900 was to experience mobile computer. Love it!! But the mail for exchange sucks. I use exchange mail all day. I hope Nokia would include an upgrade to this feature sooner. If the MfE could work as BB (instant email/Push), no other device on earth could beat the N900. Hope someone in NOKIA is listening.

The Following User Says Thank You to Foodie N900 For This Useful Post:
yeah the client is terrible compared to other implementations of nokia messaging on s60.

my e71 would get emails before my computer.this takes forever to update andsent messages sit in a communal 'outbox' and get sent at next refresh.

The Following User Says Thank You to jerryfreak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney
Well I see I am not an isolated case.

Hopefully this adds more weight to the issue and an update is on its way.

Thanks

you have over 25000 emails.

lose some weight. makes you run faster.
also get a knife.. everyone runs faster with a knife..duh

I have to agree that the E-mail client is horrendous. It took forever to check my e-mail even on 3G. They need to step up thei game asap.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Ovi email works fast and almost flawless for me on the N900.

Am I doing something wrong?

Anyone know of any 3rd party exchange client to use with N900 for the time being?

For me, MfE is working OK, perhaps because I have it configured to sync only previous 30 days.

Another IMAP server (actually hosted Exchange) performs horribly. Like many, I just keep all my email in my inbox and use search to organize / find. I tried paring my inbox and sent email (largest folders, had probably 10 years of email in them) to about 300-700 messages and archiving the rest temporarily to test, but the client still crapped out.

Anyone having success against IMAP with any size folders? Or is it a folder size independent problem.

This is why I'm running an E71 in parallel (decent MfE performance and great IMAP client with profimail) and I have faith that Nokia or a 3rd party will address this before long. I'd like to get rid of the E71 and rely on just the N900.

My experience with the N900 has been great, seem more errors of omission than comission. But the email client is an exception. I probably would have been happier if they left it out and promised a decent mail client in a committed to future firmware release.

I've resorted to the browser to do IMAP email.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
See https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5634

It is supposed to be fixed in the next firmware update.
Dealing with large folders (e.g. GMail) is also said to be fixed then.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post: