Notices

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Interessting. After Installation from original Whatsapp, he ask me for my phone number. i get the sms, can put my name, but after than he can not initialising and tell me connection error. Whatsup self tell me only old_version. dont know why i cant get running org whatsapp.

But carepack you cant use neither whatsup nor whatsapp? fortunately i switched to original app few days ago.
However i am getting tired of this whatsapp-facebook policy.
Coderus,carepack where are links that show that data is sent to fb from android app? i really would like to know.
it is embarassing, but they spent billion of dollars on it, isnt difficult to believe. But they have implemented textsecure e2e method, dont they? how is possible to steal data encrypted?

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ NIgeria
Originally Posted by cvp View Post
thanks for the link..... it looks same like pw.apk . Push on Extract tell me again Are you root? same problem. Is it possible to add manuelly the App to Superuser ?
Super su doesn't support the notification for su apps request on sailfish,so you have to set it to allow in order for the app to get root access

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
thanks i try it. Same Info, no Whatsapp files. Than i think whatsapp is not 100% installed. I deinstall whatsapp and reinstall, try to regist, but get on the ende the error message: "Connection not impossible. Please try later"

You must open both Superuser app AND the app requesting root permissions. Only then the request works as intended.

Originally Posted by MoritzJT View Post
You must open both Superuser app AND the app requesting root permissions. Only then the request works as intended.
yes, but password is only present when succesfully registerd. iiuc registerig wa is making problems

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ NIgeria
Originally Posted by richdb View Post
Will try is again. Yes wu see my account, only it cannot connect. And after a while only option is to register again. Did the password in the config file, but still no connection.

Update:
What I did was edit the file and then open wu, it did not work.
Then I remove wu, edit the file and then install wu. If I then open wu it connect and work!!!
Thank you all for the help.
Can you confirm yours is still active? Tried your procedure, but whatsup still doesn't connect. Connected yesterday evening without the hack but since then it fails to connect

Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post
But carepack you cant use neither whatsup nor whatsapp? fortunately i switched to original app few days ago.
However i am getting tired of this whatsapp-facebook policy.
Coderus,carepack where are links that show that data is sent to fb from android app? i really would like to know.
it is embarassing, but they spent billion of dollars on it, isnt difficult to believe. But they have implemented textsecure e2e method, dont they? how is possible to steal data encrypted?
maybe wa got general problems atm. I don't know. Only know that since tonight wu is not longer working. haven't tried to reregister via wa and enter the credentials because I think this make no sense.

yes the e2e encryption is implemented. But only for the android client (my last info I get about this). Second is that knowbody know (perhaps someone does) when and how the encryption is getting used. However they can read you're text or not you sending to contacts they are still gettin the metadata. With which person and how often do you have a conversation and such things. With this nice info's they want to improve you're experience

More suggestion for friends and other crap I think

further info's:
http://www.cultofandroid.com/78326/w...with-facebook/

Same here. Wu not work anymore since this morning. End of wu? I really hate those big companies more and more.

The Following User Says Thank You to richdb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Whatsup doesn't work here either..

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup