I am having this weird trouble with the stock Foursquare app. Whenever I checkin, it does not post to facebook, though I have enabled the "Check-ins" option on facebook in the myprofile/settings page.

But whenever I revisit the myprofile/settings page the toggle button on Facebook check-ins is turned off. This seems like a bug on Foursquare.

Anyone has the same problem?

PS:
Apologize if this is a duplicate thread. I searched and couldn't find any thread on this specific issue.

Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
...Whenever I checkin, it does not post to facebook, ... But whenever I revisit the myprofile/settings page the toggle button on Facebook check-ins is turned off. This seems like a bug on Foursquare.

Anyone has the same problem?
yeah I have the same problem, whenever i turn on foursquare I first go to settings and turn off facebook checkins, and turn it back on. yeah its a pain but it works for me.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Helsinki
me too #####

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Edmonton Canada
I find the official foursquare app is almost unusable on the N9.. The font is way too large and you can't always see where you're checking in..

4squick is such an awesome 4sq app, I couldn't imagine using anything else.. (my fav from ANY platform).

I also had this problem but managed to fix it. I think if I remember it right, I went to foursquare on my laptop and enabled post check in to facebook there and I didnt have to enable it everytime on my phone

The Following User Says Thank You to ssjmec For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ssjmec View Post
I also had this problem but managed to fix it. I think if I remember it right, I went to foursquare on my laptop and enabled post check in to facebook there and I didnt have to enable it everytime on my phone
This solved it. Thanks so much

Hi there,

I had the same problem and couldn't fix this with the workaround mentioned by ssjmec. So I took a look at the code (fortunately it's QML). It's located here:
/opt/foursquare-ov/share/FoursquareOV/qml/Foursquare

I think the problem is on function reload in models/UserSettingsModel.qml, after adding some traces I saw that the settings are requested via xmlhttprequest to foursquare too soon, before the main.hibernate property of the app becomes false (I think this referes to the app not being fully loaded.), after changing some properties in models/Models.qml (delayFirstLoad : true and 60 seconds delay) I still couldn't make this work properly ...

But fortunately I took a look at sheets/CheckInSheet.qml and changed the following:

L104: opacity: wrapper.shareFacebookSet ? 1 : 0.3

and

L121: opacity: wrapper.shareFacebookSet ? 1 : 0.3

So that every time I checkin somewhere I have the option to enable the checkin button right before checking. It's not the best solution (this should just work IMHO) but for me is better than not working at all unless I access the settings page every single time I loaded the app.

Someone with better QML skills might have a better idea on how to fix this for good.

Cheers,

Last edited by javiermon; 2012-08-18 at 21:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to javiermon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 149 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Istanbul,Turkey
Just buy an application called 4squick and enjoy your foursquare

get Nelisquare from “Apps for Meego”, it's free and it's fast

Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Nelisquare got huge updates - check out http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=87666