When trying to connect via usb in PC Suite, I get the following error: Phone is in file transfer mode and cannot be used with PC Suite. Quit file transfer mode from phone.

How do I quit file transfer mode. I have deleted all sync and transfer channels and restarted phone. When I connect my usb cable, I dont get the usual option to select PC Suite or transfer mode, It only reads "phone charging"

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
maybe power button / offline mode, then connect usb could work

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I usually have to attach the phone a couple of times before PC Suite does as its told. I'm using WinXP, which OS are you using?

Also, I think that in reality Nokia PC Suite only supports N900 in Massmedia mode.

Never had that happen!
Have you tried a different USB port.
Have you uninstalled Nokia PC Suite and reinstalled it, could be a driver problem.

Originally Posted by carrier View Post
When trying to connect via usb in PC Suite, I get the following error: Phone is in file transfer mode and cannot be used with PC Suite. Quit file transfer mode from phone.

How do I quit file transfer mode. I have deleted all sync and transfer channels and restarted phone. When I connect my usb cable, I dont get the usual option to select PC Suite or transfer mode, It only reads "phone charging"
Its because your pc suite needs usb cable driver of your phone. So pls download it and install. 100% It will work now. You will get the drivers in internet. just google it

The Following User Says Thank You to ManojTS For This Useful Post: