Notices

I don't think this question is specific to Browser Switchboard but rather applies to anyone launching web pages from Favorites. I'm sure it's been discussed on this forum, but I don't remember the details. I'd encourage you to try searching the forum. Remember that some old posts might apply to the N900 and some to the N8x0, etc.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Netherlands
steven676, you have written an excellent and very needed app, on which I'd like to congratulate you and your team of helpers whose contributions I read in this thread. Oh, and it is indeed amazing that you worked on the fremantle problems without even owning a fremantle device!

The last minor issue would be noobs-only: The identical icon for 'Web' and 'MicroB' IS confusing after either one was chosen for a desktop.
But maybe this is out of reach for copyright-reasons ....

Once again: Deepest admiration!

Originally Posted by Armando View Post
The last minor issue would be noobs-only: The identical icon for 'Web' and 'MicroB' IS confusing after either one was chosen for a desktop.
But maybe this is out of reach for copyright-reasons ....
There was talk of making a custom icon at one point, though I doubt that's going to happen now. We also explored the possibility of changing the icon for "Web" depending on the default browser, but that proved to be impractical due to limitations in the Maemo menu system.

The Following User Says Thank You to steven676 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Is there a reason 3.3.2-fremantle2 is still in testing?
Link to the votes page would be good?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Last edited by sixwheeledbeast; 2012-06-03 at 08:47.

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Is there a reason 3.3.2-fremantle2 is still in testing?
Link to the votes page would be good?
Because no one's voting, as far as I can see. If it gets enough votes to be unlocked, I'll push it into extras.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Where do testers vote? Had a look for the package page to no avail.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany

The Following User Says Thank You to raily For This Useful Post:
I'm pleased to announce that Browser Switchboard 3.3-2fremantle2 has been promoted to Fremantle Extras. This release fixes one small bug regarding opening links in some applications, notably xterm; if you haven't upgraded yet, you're encouraged to do so.

I should note that lead times for getting packages into Fremantle Extras seem to be increasing exponentially (this release took 10 days short of a year to accumulate enough votes to have promotion unlocked; the last one took two months), which suggests that delivery of bugfixes to Fremantle Extras is going to become more and more unreliable.

As we're in maintenance mode at this point (I will attempt to fix reported bugs, and will accept patches, but do not intend to do further feature development), it should always be safe to use the current version from extras-testing or extras-devel (if you're not comfortable enabling those repositories, you can download a .deb from Garage which is bit-for-bit identical to the one you'd get from the repository -- there's a link to the latest one in the first post).

Tags
browser, default, microb, opera