Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by stevomanu View Post
were is the orignal script then please ??
I published this link in the description of my video, but here it is:

http://pcsci3nce.info/?p=291

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Any chance that I can use the video on the official post on my blog ? :>

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Paris, France
Originally Posted by torpedo48 View Post
Unfortunately I can't afford a notebook (yet), so I'm using BackTrack on a virtual machine on my Windsucks 7 PC; unfortunately wifi isn't working properly and I'm not able to use your original script there, or I'd make a good video for you!

I promise to make it as soon as I'll buy a notebook
You sir, are a real gentleman !

The Following User Says Thank You to comaX For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Unhuman View Post
Any chance that I can use the video on the official post on my blog ? :>
Mmmmhh you mean mine (can't understand what "official post" means in this context, as there are no videos in the OP)?

If you mean my video: sure, use it as you like, I'd be honoured. The Youtube sharing code is here.

If you write a little note sounding like "thanks to torpedo48 for the video" I'd be very happy too, but it doesn't really matter.

<advertisement>I can create any kind of video for anybody (within the limits of my knowledge of course), just ask </advertisement>

Originally Posted by torpedo48 View Post
If you mean my video: sure, use it as you like, I'd be honoured. The Youtube sharing code is here.

"A LINK TO A COMPLETE GUIDE FOR YAMAS WILL BE PUBLISHED SOON"
By the way, what do you mean by a complete guide to yamas ?
Whatever this is, if you need anything, just ask

(by the way, nice song you got on the screenshot in your real multitasking thread \m/ )

Last edited by comaX; 2011-06-22 at 17:40.

Originally Posted by comaX View Post
By the way, what do you mean by a complete guide to yamas ?
Whatever this is, if you need anything, just ask
Thanks a lot for your disposability! I mean a simple step-to-step noob-proof guide for obtaining the script (a working version of course), correctly installing all the necessary dependences and running it without errors. I know that's a dumb guide, but I'm receiving many PMs requesting this kind of things.

And, between ourselves, I write those articles as reminders for me, so that I can write down some notes and learn better (cause as you've already understood, I'm just an undercover noob who desperately wants to increase his knowledge).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to torpedo48 For This Useful Post:
HI guys ! So, I've done some little updates, nothing too fancy though.
It now checks for the installed dependencies, and if you are root.
I would need you to test it, and report back. Usual stuff, you know
Those should work.

We are now working on being able lo launch it only by typing the name of the script, and not "bash yamas.sh". What I think should be done is change the first line of the script to where ash is installed.
Another thing I have in mind is to ask for installation of missing dependencies : instead of failure it would say something like "Herpderp is missing. Do you want to install it (Y/n)"
Yes --> installs.
No --> Quits.

That last part is not sure though. I'll stay on the basics for now, but let's say I'm thinking about it.

Waiting for feedback and all, I'll try to work on the Standard edition (check BT forums if interested). DNS spoofing should be on the way ! Maybe an easter egg too, if ever I have the time =D

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to comaX For This Useful Post:
HI guys ! So, I've done some little u
We are now working on being able lo launch it only by typing the name of the script, and not "bash yamas.sh". What I think should be done is change the first line of the script to where ash is installed.
We got function like that incorporated in N900. If we place any .sh script into:

Code:
/usr/bin/
...and make it executable (for example test.sh), we can run that script just by executing:

test.sh

on our osso-xterm. So i think you don't need to worry about that.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
We got function like that incorporated in N900. If we place any .sh script into:

Code:
/usr/bin/
...and make it executable (for example test.sh), we can run that script just by executing:

test.sh

on our osso-xterm. So i think you don't need to worry about that.
Yup, I know, that's the same in every linux (afaik) and I use it in my original script. The thing here is that you have to tell the term how to "read" the script by launching it with "bash" before. But what I would want is to get rid of that, so that it launches with only /path/scipt.sh. That should be achieved by writing #! /bin/ash on the first line of the script.
It would then use the default ash of maemo (so, no need to install bash), and you wouldn't have to launch it with "ash script.sh".
So far results are inconclusive though, because I can't test directly (not that Unhuman's tests are bad, but I always forget to tell him things, so it's better if I trial and fail on my own ^^).
But if someone understood what I mean and achieves that, that would be very nice

The Following User Says Thank You to comaX For This Useful Post:
Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
DNS spoofing should be on the way ! Maybe an easter egg too, if ever I have the time =D
Good news, if you need a tester for the new scripts I'll gladly help.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrome For This Useful Post:

Tags
pentesting, tester of pens