Active Topics

Poll: who is your talk.maemo.org comedy hero?
Poll Options
who is your talk.maemo.org comedy hero?

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
lets face it, this forum has the possibility to rank in the top ten geekiest and most boring places on the net. not just a linux forum, but a phone specific linux distro running on an unpopular (if somewhat awesome) handful of devices. but thanks to some charachters and superfluous wit, tmo is actually quite a nice place, (even if all the best stuff is moved straight to off-topic almost as fast as this thread will be! ) to that end i present the TMO comedy awards!

AND THE NOMINATIONS ARE:

chuck norris - just to get him out the way, its always prudent to nominate chuck for any award for health and safety reasons! oh wait, he's actually a member here? even better!

danramos: his epic arsenal of facepalms and lolcat.jpg's can get even the most serious of threads demoted to off topic in a matter of minuts

ysss: his dry and keenly observed one liners are almost good enough to make you stop hating him for backing apple in every 2nd post (to be honest i dont think he even owns an n900, i'm pretty sure its steve jobs trolling us on a level we cant even comprehend.)

john mclean: not seen much since the epic pr1.2 thread, but not forgotten (i think he brought us sassy cassie, which in itself is almost a winner, but i may be giving credit where its undue)

texrat: all things in moderation, including moderation itself, and throwing a few lulz out before closing a thread always helps.

reggie: purely for allowing the likes of pradabrada and abilluk to hang around here unhammered.

epitaph: the newcomer nomination; okay so its most likely learning difficulties or meth abuse, but in one short month this guys opinions have made me wet myself over and over again. if only it were deliberate ricky gervais would be in trouble.

and finally, me!: what? i started the awards okay! i'm sure i cracked a funny or two around here somewhere :/

i know theres a few people i'm missing so get your nominations in before the voting begins! (IF the voting begins, i'm foreseeing lack of interest followed by extreme nonsense, a brief excursion to off topic and then imminent thread closure!)

update 3!

abilluk: with unanimous popularity amongst the first three esteemed posters. aka mister "i am an engineer!"

seasharkzzz: another newcomer (so new inact his appearance coincides with the nominee announcements!) but popular right from the offset with his "eccentric" rants.

darius: i'm unaware of his work since he seems to have left the forum, but he's shown backing from the tmo old guard.

laughingstok: and of course, mrs laughingstok.

orangebox:

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Last edited by festivalnut; 2011-02-11 at 13:39. Reason: update!

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
I vote for the "Im an engineer" guy, if I could remember his name.. what was it? Texrat will know who I mean He definitely livened the place up

Edit: Was it Abdul? Something like that..

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
I vote for the "Im an engineer" guy, if I could remember his name.. what was it? Texrat will know who I mean He definitely livened the place up

thats abilluk, he gets a mention, but not a nomination, in the first post!

edit: oh ironically first comment to kojacker! i was half expecting you to be the first "peoples nomination"

The Following User Says Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post

I always call him "Mister Sir Engineer" in my thoughts...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@festival_uk: I've submitted photographic evidence of my n900 in the past, but there's no evidence that I own an iPhone.

Ps: I also vote for Abill_UK!
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
by popular demand abilluk has been added.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
excellent thread.

I vote for laughingtok or what ever his name was back in the PR1,2. Very funny with a few beers in is blod.

Don't know if he is still around.

I think he intruduced sassy cassy to this forum(at least for me) and she is now a member at TMO.

Last edited by Dave999; 2011-02-04 at 20:04.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I'm NOT funny Its a very serious and informative thread.

I will cry a river(but I will never admit it)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
None of these will ever come near our great and beloved Darius. He will be sorely missed.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
And my vote definitely goes for:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrome For This Useful Post:

Tags
chucknorrisftw, shark go home, sudo vote4me, vote damn it!, zzzz..hmm wat ?