Notices

Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
@estel: can you help avidscavenger with his question about charging? I admit I get confused as to the bme replacement status.
No freakin' idea what's going on his device, at least, wihout more info. But, this and two following posts:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=216

...is a good example how to debug problems with bme-replacement. Honestly, I'm not even sure, if avidscavenger is using it, and if yes if he is using required kernel-power (like you've said).

Considering that I use cssu-thumb and kernel-power on every device I manage (from mine, through my mother's one, up to N900 owned by my 4 years old son, with a dozen other in between), I totally lost track about cssu-<whatever> <-> bme-replacement relations.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
1. Start application, attach gdb and wait it to SEGFAULT.
I tried that for a while, but it runs so slowly under gdb and I gave up waiting for it to segfault. Maybe more patience is all that is required.

2. Start application, start gdb, load the coredump and attach to the application
I don't quite follow what that means. Starting the application and loading a coredump - doesn't that mean you have two instances of the app: the one you started and the segfaulted one in the coredump? Anyway, if you can explain how to do what you suggest, I'd be grateful.

I've never had issues like this with gdb before although I've used it for many years (but only on i386 not arm). Is there a reason why invoking it in one way would give you an accurate stack dump but in another way the stack appears corrupted?

BTW I am on #maemo IRC @ freenode.net, better join there to speedup the communication.
As you might have guessed from my slow reply, there really is no hurry from my perspective. I'm away from my development box in any case, so can't run gdb. (Staying on my boat - the reason why I want to be able to use my N900 as a backup GPS for OpenCPN!) But I do have my N900 so I can still collect coredumps.

Cheers!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to avidscavenger For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
No freakin' idea what's going on his device, at least, wihout more info. But, this and two following posts:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=216
Thank you. FYI I am using kernel version 2.6.28.10-power52 and pali's BME replacement.

I'm having trouble doing as pali suggests in that post because I'm getting various package signing errors that I can't figure out how to make go away: 'KEYEXPIRED 1349249546' and 'BADSIG E40DC434616730BD'

So I just went straight to pali's repository manually and although his Packages.gz is dated 6 April, the .deb files are all older than that, and they are the same ones I have installed anyway. So I give up for now, my battery life is about 4 hours but that's OK because I can leave the phone on charge almost permanently.

Considering that I use cssu-thumb and kernel-power on every device I manage (from mine, through my mother's one, up to N900 owned by my 4 years old son, with a dozen other in between), I totally lost track about cssu-<whatever> <-> bme-replacement relations.
That's fantastic! I only have 3 N900s - mine, my girlfriend's (a present from me) and a water-damaged one that I got for free.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avidscavenger For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Whats up on the project

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Would be nice to have Columbus on N9 and Jolla...
I am using it on my N900, actually the only purpose it has apart of testing new CSSU releases^^
Pretty please, I was so amazed when you asked for testers and a neat piece of software with minor bugs got passed over, claiming alpha stage but being RC already. (One of the reasons I'd like to have the original developer on it and not asking someone else or even try to port it myself...)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
the only app that supplies gps data over bt to the dumb android tablet but crashes out of the blue sometimes and app is slow though battry life seems be ok
was wondering if only the gps tx be ripped off out of the cruft that did be awsome

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
the only app that supplies gps data over bt to the dumb android tablet but crashes out of the blue sometimes and app is slow though battry life seems be ok
was wondering if only the gps tx be ripped off out of the cruft that did be awsome
Or someone smart could fix gpsd for Fremantle. It is in the repos but lacks certain BT libs that are not in Fremantle but were there in the previous iteration of Maemo.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
it would be nice (in the long run) if functionality could be enable via Settings>Connectivity>Location if/when some one decides to replace it.

Do you know what libs are missing for gpsd? if i get time i'll take a quick look at some stage, take a break from going over sdl2 patches.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
it would be nice (in the long run) if functionality could be enable via Settings>Connectivity>Location if/when some one decides to replace it..
yep thats the way these utilites are supposed to be intregated

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
it would be nice (in the long run) if functionality could be enable via Settings>Connectivity>Location if/when some one decides to replace it.

Do you know what libs are missing for gpsd? if i get time i'll take a quick look at some stage, take a break from going over sdl2 patches.
I realise now this is not actually related to gpsd as known on 'nix systems but is a hack developed on the earlier maemo devices.... I fiddled and I do not think it is worth attention - porting gpsd sensu stricto might be....

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:

Tags
navigation, nokia n900