Hi guys, i have noticed something and id like to share to have your views: Under the same usage scenario when i charge your Nokia N9 from a 110v socket .. the battery lasts more (1 day min - 1 n half day) .. while charging the phone from a 220v socket the battery drains more quickly ? any thots .. pls share

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
It would be the charger, won't have anything to do with primary voltage.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Only the chargers output makes a difference. Example 400mAh or 1200mAh. The 1200mAh charges faster, but if Nokia has make same mistakes than they made with the N900. It will dropout as soon as it hit the 4.15-4.2V and not "calibrate" (slow charge) it to the real full 4.2V.

I notice, that if i charge the Nokia N900 with PC usb (~500mAh). It charged better. It's hard to follow the battery drain of the N9, because there is not free battery-eye and i do not will to pay for that (BatteryGraph). Ohh.. There is the Uptimer. Must collect some battery data.

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
It would be interesting to see what the battery voltage is after a full charge. Batterygraph or the terminal will show you the voltage.

Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
I will to pay for that (BatteryGraph).
Did you ever develop software by yourself?
If yes, you will have realised that it takes a lot of knowledge and time. I would wish you would see this small price more as a Thank you than a I have to pay for this.
And in case you can not afford 1€ for software, I wonder how you could buy a device like the N9.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
On the charging from line voltage 220V or 110V (or 12V car adapter): this should not make any difference, the output voltage of the charger should be within 5V+/-10%, and the phone hardware should deal with the variation.

(Note: I work on such phone hardware. Plenty of things that can be screwed up, but primary voltage should not be of concern; different devices giving different results are not impossible though, but rather one 5V output charger vs another...)

On paying for software: I have rarely done so, I usually just donate.
And typically only for Free (open source) Software, and never just 1€.
And never before being happy with the software/program... as in: try before donating.

Since Nokia will not do anything useful with N9, I fail to see why I should buy anything from Ovi, giving Nokia what, half of what I send?

N9 is great, community is great, Nokia and Elop are not and if they disappear from the face of the earth, it's fine with me.

Hmm, maybe we need a donation pledge thread...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aRTee For This Useful Post: