Active Topics

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
It may be BS, but I wouldn't see the 10m figure as in any way relevant to the N9. Samsung seem to know how to produce, market and sell devices that people want.
or sell them as all, instead of pushing n9 getting low profile release missing major markets.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by franchg View Post
And why? You just stated that you wont buy it... I dont get it.
Long story but they are not for me, i have been requested to for other people and personally, after the N900, i would not touch one with a bargepole and i am not joking !.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Long story but they are not for me, i have been requested to for other people and personally, after the N900, i would not touch one with a bargepole and i am not joking !.
So, may I ask you what happens if you are not able to get them? You seem a bit too worried in my opinion...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to franchg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by selfish_russian View Post
Kazakhstan release date moved to Oct. 7.
Russia release date seems like on Oct. 17
In two weeks Sweden will change to 31 October

Anyone hint of a good androidphone with NFC!?

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ International
maybe there is the threat of concrete ankle boots and sleeping with the fishies?
My Favourite posts!
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=539
http://forums.precentral.net/2674180-post149.html
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=500
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=63720

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gryedouge For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
Samsung sold 10 million sgs2 world wide in five months.
http://www.idg.se/2.1085/1.406083/ti...sung-galaxy-s2

Now maybe people can see that the 92k total for the n9 is just bs.
It depends if Nokia if never start to sell the damn device it will not even sellout 92 devices...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-09-26 at 13:41.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
How can you even think of developing for the N9 when you know it is closed source? don't you think this is going to be a repeat of the fiasco with Maemo?.

Can you actually see anything but failure for meego regarding this n9?.

You very know that WP is going to go full on soon and i would like to think at least you will follow suit?.

@franchg I need 20 of them that's why.
I do it because I enjoy it. Maemo and Meego-Harmattan are the platforms i enjoy using and developing for. I know that it doesn't make sense, and my time would be better spent on those platforms that have a future. But I just can't motivate myself to bother with platforms that I find uninteresting. I don't take any of this too seriously, and life will go on long after Maemo, MeeGo and the N9 have faded into obscurity. I can at least see things as they are, unlike some of the MeeGo fanatics.

My website

GitHub

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
This thread, and the spillover effects its having has made TMO a giant spam bank. We dont need sophisticated spam blocker software - we just need to have people stop:-

- Posting multiple entries into a thread (this thread) when no one is clearly interested in responding
- Desperation or boredom then leading one to posting purposeful flame bait comments to get someone to pay attention to you
- Picking up on small things people say and turning it into a mammoth issue hence leading to seemingly emotional words (?)

Ultimately this is doing this forum a great disservice Not only is this discouraging contributor's from contributing (because their posts will be ignored by the tens of non sense that is posted before and after) but because it then devalues any sense when we have childish back and forths.

This is not a social website. I strongly suggest facebook where one can complain endlessly about their new layout.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I do it because I enjoy it. Maemo and Meego-Harmattan are the platforms i enjoy using and developing for. I know that it doesn't make sense, and my time would be better spent on those platforms that have a future. But I just can't motivate myself to bother with platforms that I find uninteresting. I don't take any of this too seriously, and life will go on long after Maemo, MeeGo and the N9 have faded into obscurity. I can at least see things as they are, unlike some of the MeeGo fanatics.
Well said... With keeping this in mind, I'm looking forward to us cuteTube on my N9 as soon as I will get one...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
LOL

How can you even think of developing for the N9 when you know it is closed source? don't you think this is going to be a repeat of the fiasco with Maemo?.
Why not? Has marxian ever said he would only develop for fully open source smartphone platforms? I haven't seen that post. And besides, good luck finding a fully open source smartphone platform at this time anyway.
Also a lot of people enjoy their N900 a lot (I am one of them), so I wouldn't call maemo a fiasco.

Can you actually see anything but failure for meego regarding this n9?.
I think their is a very good chance that I will be very happy with an N9, so I can imagine other people might be too (maybe marxian, and yourself also)

You very know that WP is going to go full on soon and i would like to think at least you will follow suit?.
Why would you assume Maemo users would follow Nokia and switch to WP? I think a lot (most??) N900/maemo users chose the N900 because of the open/hackable nature of the device, not because it was a Nokia device. I don't think they are very much brand oriented, and I think in general they are more informed about the tech than the average smartphone customer. So I think it much more likely that maemo users would switch to a (jailbroken) iPhone or (rooted) Android device.
The question is if they will buy the N9 before they make the switch to iOS/Android.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????