Anyone of app which enable infrastructure mode wifi thetering for Nokia N9 or it is not possible hardware wise?

Originally Posted by strongm View Post
<sigh>

OK, I enabled Developer Mode to allow use of the terminal.
Developer mode is NOT necessary for having terminal access!

Just enable "Allow installations from non-Store sources" and get meego-terminal package from http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/pool/...eego-terminal/
The same works for ssh client

Warning: if you install ssh-server then by all means CHANGE PASSWORD from the default one. In case you do not understand what you are doing, do not install ssh-server, and make sure, that after reboot no "sshd" process is running (ps a | grep sshd) ('netstat -lt' must not list anything on ssh port).

At least this is what I have done, no "developer mode" but happy terminal user... If only there was Copy&Paste functionality for this terminal...

Paul

Last edited by Paul Ortyl; 2011-11-01 at 16:28. Reason: ssh-server warning added

Originally Posted by soleil View Post
Hello,
How can I configure push email with my N9 ? I have a gmail and I don't use MfE
Yes you can configure push email with gmail. In the schedule for the email set to "always to update" for both peak time and off-peak time. However yahoo mail has no push with N9 as the "always to update" option is missing.

Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
Anyone of app which enable infrastructure mode wifi thetering for Nokia N9 or it is not possible hardware wise?
Tethering is possible with the preinstalled application. It creates ad-hoc network, so no "infrastructure mode" here. It works fine for me. There are some reported problems in US, bug has been submitted.

Has anybody succeeded in deleting/disabling certificates from N9?
There is still this DigiNotar certificate enabled on this device.

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
Yes you can configure push email with gmail. In the schedule for the email set to "always to update" for both peak time and off-peak time. However yahoo mail has no push with N9 as the "always to update" option is missing.
Do I need allow background connection ? Because I set the shedule to "always up to date " but push mail don't work . I need to refresh mail application to receive new mails

I just enable "allow background connection" and push mail works . But I dont want to enable this option , I just want to receive mail when I manually connect to Internet .
Another question : internet connection ( 3g or wifi) drops after 30secones or 1 minute if I don't use Internet . Is this normal ?

The Following User Says Thank You to soleil For This Useful Post:
What about updates for apps.. aren`t we supposed to get notification when new version of an app is released? Even when I manually open manage applications and search for updates, it tells me the phone is up to date.. but I can see newer version in nokia store.. do I have to enable something?

I just get the first notification for apps update after enable " allow background connection" ( ssh client and server)

Originally Posted by soleil View Post
I just get the first notification for apps update after enable " allow background connection" ( ssh client and server)
that setting is always enabled on my phone..