Active Topics

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany - Potsdam
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Here's the dump for the N950.
http://en.file-upload.net/download-1...M-696.raw.html
Is RM-696* a good filename for RAW data of a N950? RM-680* sounds better to not comfuse with N9. ;-)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meemorph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 108 | Thanked: 579 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Požega, Croatia
Originally Posted by meemorph View Post
Is RM-696* a good filename for RAW data of a N950? RM-680* sounds better to not comfuse with N9. ;-)
It's all good - I had to do some manual patching anyway. Files are placed in nemo-configs-n950-n9 (https://git.merproject.org/filippz/n...0fbb0180e70572) and names/data should be OK. I've tested on N9 and I do get some messages from the driver when pressing around screen trough mxt-app. Still, I don't get anything from /dev/input/eventN, maybe because lipstick/qt is processing those messages and they don't get to that point. Unfortunately lipstick is just sitting there not reacting to pressing power button or touching the screen - but that seems unrelated.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to filip.pz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Yep, my mistake, mixed up the codenames.

Well, I'd suggest using Debian. See marmistrz/debian900 on GitHub.

I only regret to say I don't know whether this setup works at all on N9/N950. I've been really busy since a month or so and I won't probably have more free time for another month or so

But if you need some quick test/dump from N950, let me know, I'll see what I can do.

News: danpio offered his help.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Poland
Hi
Yes I confirm my help

but i need get some task to job

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to danpio For This Useful Post:
Progress update: touschreen and wlan now work on 4.4.0-rc1:

Everything is quite laggy probably because of some 99% of time when something gets rendered on screen I get
Code:
pvr: lipstick: IOCTL 70 failed (13)
It may well be that PVR is not to blame here, because Nemo boot time is about 25% slower than with 3.5.3, and it may just be that IOCTL 70 (PVRSRV_BRIDGE_EVENT_OBJECT_WAIT) times out (13 = PVRSRV_ERROR_TIMEOUT) because of CPU being occupied with something else all the time.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to filip.pz For This Useful Post:
I had a while today and tried to boot Debian on the old 3.5.3 kernel. I disabled autoboot in Ubiboot, but it still tries to autoboot the non-existent kernel.

Does Ubiboot need me to enter Harmattan for the changes in config to populate?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
After making changes to ubiboot.conf I always had to reboot first because ubiboot always used old settings (tbh I use easyboot these days - mabye "plain" ubiboot works OK)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to filip.pz For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I had a while today and tried to boot Debian on the old 3.5.3 kernel. I disabled autoboot in Ubiboot, but it still tries to autoboot the non-existent kernel.

No, there's nothing tied to Harmattan in ubiboot, it is just one of the possible OS'es that yo can use.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
filip.pz: feel free to assign any tasks to anyone. I'm very busy these days, so I might not be able to coordinate everything. Besides, you know what's needed most this very moment.

In particular danpio asked for some task. Can you please give him something?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
filip.pz: feel free to assign any tasks to anyone. I'm very busy these days, so I might not be able to coordinate everything. Besides, you know what's needed most this very moment.

In particular danpio asked for some task. Can you please give him something?
Well there is still a matter of adding a table on elinux.org

As for "real kernel development", I'm currently working on twl5031_bbc driver (replacement for twl4030_bci) which is needed in order for usb-moded from Mer to even start - bringing us closer to possibility of getting ssh over usb to work (at least on Mer/Nemo)

There's a lot of thing left to do (IIRC):
  • sensors for proximity, ambiental light, magnetometer, accelerometer
  • Audio parts
  • CMT (modem, migth be same or at least very similar to the one on N900, so we should reuse Palis work)
  • Bluetooth
  • BME support (battery charging) - we should check if BME used on N900 matches the one on N9/950, since the one from N900 has been reverse engineered. If it's not 100% compatible we should then fix that, which is still a better option than patching twl4030_madc in kernel so that old BME binary blob can talk to it
  • Vibration/haptics
  • NFC support
  • GPS support (simple driver exists, but userspace must speak proprietary MEIF)
  • ECI/ACI - whatever is called (support for controls on wired earphones - undocumented in twl5031 IIRC)
  • TV out (depends on ECI/ACI for detection of cable connection)
  • FM radio
Also N950 specific stuff:
  • LCD panel support
  • touchscreen (completed/untested)
  • keyboard (completed/untested)
  • support for keyboard slide event (completed/untested)
  • LED support (N9 uses LP5521, N950 uses LP5523)
  • WLAN support (same wl1271 module as on N9, but connected in a different way)

If someone would be interested in CMT (my N9 has broken CMT chip and is not fully functional in that regard) and/or BME (mostly done in userspace, N900 guys can help us with that) that would be awesome.

Since I'm rebasing and rewriting history in git all the time (not good for collaboration) I'm not sure what would be the best way for others to contribute, so I'm open to suggestions in that regard.

Last edited by filip.pz; 2015-11-28 at 15:33. Reason: Added vibration/haptics to list

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to filip.pz For This Useful Post: