Active Topics

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
After the update which released today(2.2009.51-1) I cannot back up, it says memory card not inserted(I had the same problem before a week I put out the sim card, put it in again, switch on and reboot and the problem solved but today no) and on settings->about the 3 first fields say "unknown". Someone who faces the same problems or any solution found??

SIM card or MMC card? You cannot backup to the SIM card, that's for basic names numbers ad operator settings; take out the MMC card and clean the contacts of greese with a pencil eraser (fiddly I know) and re-try, try another card, or you can backup to the main memory.

I dont have a mmc card into the n900. It doesnt "see" the internal memory to back up.

Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
I dont have a mmc card into the n900. It doesnt "see" the internal memory to back up.
make sure your back cover is on correctly/completely...has a magnetic swith that disables MMC if open.

N770, N810, N900, N97, N85, E71, 5800xm, iPhone(retired)
AT&T & T-Mobile

The Following User Says Thank You to MaemoCurmudgeon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MaemoCurmudgeon View Post
make sure your back cover is on correctly/completely...has a magnetic swith that disables MMC if open.
I ll try it. And how about it doesnt see the new version on settings->about and in xterm. It still says 42.11

I ll try it. And how about it doesnt see the new version on settings->about and in xterm. It still says 42.11
Nothing happens. It has the same prob. I'm wondering.. am I the only one to have these problems?? Some help..

And how about it doesnt see the new version on settings->about and in xterm. It still says 42.11
Not sure what that would imply. I know you are having backup issues, but you could try re-flashing your device with the USB.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware
Prehaps you should try with a MMC card backup before hand.

Originally Posted by JonWW View Post
Not sure what that would imply. I know you are having backup issues, but you could try re-flashing your device with the USB.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware
Prehaps you should try with a MMC card backup before hand.
The only solution is to reflash? I dont think so. I had the same problem with the back up as i describe to the first post and it solved by putting out the battery and the sim card, enable the device and reboot. Someone else to help?

my friend i face the same problem!but the biggest problem is that when i use the ovi maps it does not load the maps!i suppose these to things are connected!i tried to reinstall the whole software and it was ok for 2 days!it loaded the maps and it could see the internal memory on backup!now the same thing!have u tried to run ovi maps without wifi!i think you are not going to see the installed map!try it!
any idea?

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
I had a similar problem with backup.It was getting stuck and I couldn`t backup anything.A reflash did solve the problem, then I`ve installed something from Extras/Testing and the problem came back!....so I would suggest a clean reflash and NO applications from Extras!....if it doesn`t solve it, then I`m afraid is a hardware problem.

It`s strange that all the Greeks have a Backup problem!It`s probably due to the economy collapsing.....ax Ellada

Last edited by sophocha; 2010-03-09 at 12:13.