I am looking for a real easy means of obtaining a development environment for maemo. My x86 machine is dual boot but I mostly hang out in windows so I was hoping to use VMWare player.

I've seen references to a maemo-torrent but linuxtracker appears to be the only location of this torrent and it seems to be down. There also is another website with an image said to work in VMWare player but after several hours of downloading the image the image doesn't appear valid.

Would someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

-David

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ United Kingdom
This link works for me, although it will create a .tar.bz2 file, which you may find problems unpacking on Windows. I tried the bittorrent version too, but it's a much older OS and an elder SDK as well, so the above site does seem the best.

The Following User Says Thank You to swing For This Useful Post:
Thanks, it actually was the archiving program I was using. The program failed to extract the virtual machine correctly. Now I'm well on my way.

M00s3, I use the EXACT same VMware image on my Mac and it's setup well but you're going to have to update scratchbox to at least 3.2 once you're up and running.
Instructions are over at maemo.org on how to do it.