I have a Nokia N9. Didn't know if anyone mentioned something like this, but the search did not show anything related to this suggestion. I am wondering if there can be a small weather icon on the standby screen showing temp and conditions in the form of small icon like the notifications screen (sun, cloud, rain, snow). I know it would need to be associated with the app being used for weather (accuweather, meecast) but just wanted to know if it is something that can be done and if anyone else would think this is a good idea? I know a couple of taps and a slide would yield the same result, plus I have the password activated so I have to input that as well. But I just like to pull the phone out of the pocket for a quick glance and check things out. Thanks for any replies.

Last edited by justadude; 2012-02-15 at 07:54.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justadude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by justadude View Post
I have a Nokia N9. Didn't know if anyone mentioned something like this, but the search did not show anything related to this suggestion. I am wondering if there can be a small weather icon on the standby screen showing temp and conditions in the form of small icon like the notifications screen (sun, cloud, rain, snow). I know it would need to be associated with the app being used for weather (accuweather, meecast) but just wanted to know if it is something that can be done and if anyone else would think this is a good idea? I know a couple of taps and a slide would yield the same result, plus I have the password activated so I have to input that as well. But I just like to pull the phone out of the pocket for a quick glance and check things out. Thanks for any replies.
Hi
Latest Meecast has widget on LockScreen.
See here

Vlad.

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
I guess the question is if there can be weather data on the standby screen..
For sure it can be done, since there are already several programs / hacks putting things there, lockscreenquotes, system info, etc.
Not sure if that can be done with a regular app like Meecast or so...

Vlad, that may be worth looking into! It would be cool if Meecast could do that!

The Following User Says Thank You to aRTee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aRTee View Post
For sure it can be done, since there are already several programs / hacks putting things there, lockscreenquotes, system info, etc.

Vlad, that may be worth looking into! It would be cool if Meecast could do that!
In my N950 I don't have standby screen for testing of this feature.

Vlad.

Well, I'm sure there will be lots of people with N9 willing to test this feature - it's one of the nicest ideas for the low power screen...

The Following User Says Thank You to aRTee For This Useful Post:

the sysinfo one, lpsmagic, will be supporting generic plugins/printers in the next release per the authors.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1165662

it shouldnt be hard to write a plugin for it, once you can get the weather information programmatically. meecast is FOSS so its certainly the case that it could be done, but it may or may not be easy. when it comes out, im gonna be looking into many different plugins, including message counts for email/sms/etc, appending arbitrary images/logos, and replicating the quotes thing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
the sysinfo one, lpsmagic, will be supporting generic plugins/printers in the next release per the authors.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1165662

it shouldnt be hard to write a plugin for it, once you can get the weather information programmatically. meecast is FOSS so its certainly the case that it could be done, but it may or may not be easy. when it comes out, im gonna be looking into many different plugins, including message counts for email/sms/etc, appending arbitrary images/logos, and replicating the quotes thing.
I'm ready to help make this plugin for MeeCast.

Vlad,

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Excellent! I'm glad a few people are interested in this idea. Thank you all for the responses.

The other option is to use (code from) LPMCustomizer, in the Ovi store and open source, from http://projects.frals.se/

The other option is to use (code from) LPMCustomizer, in the Ovi store and open source, from http://projects.frals.se/
Ok. I can write code for creation logo without LPMC.
So. We have two ways.
1. Plugin for LPMCustomizer
2. Logo for standby screen will be created by MeeCast.

What does Community want?
Vlad.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post: