Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
I was just wondering if folks that attended the n9 meet up two years ago still peruse maemo.org threads. I like to see how things are progressing here with Jolla and, indeed, am hoping for its success. Anyways, are you still using your n9 or what have you moved on to. I currently use Galaxy Note 3. Have had fun tinkering with it and making a few minor modifications to apks and such. Also am using the Tweaked rom for tmobile. It is well thought out and greatly expands user experience. Btw, anyone try porting Sailfish to n9?

Best wishes for 2014!

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Australia
There is a massive thread about porting sailfish to the n9.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90761
Yes it has been done :P
Fairly buggy, still wip.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Virginia
Quite a coincidence, I just picked up a moto x. I've never enjoyed a phone more then my N9 but the dearth of applications started to frustrate me and I was ready to try something new. I would have tried a Jolla if I could get better than 2g speeds. I haven't activated the moto x yet, so as of this moment the n9 is still my current phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to Robissimo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
I was just wondering if folks that attended the n9 meet up two years ago still peruse maemo.org threads. I like to see how things are progressing here with Jolla and, indeed, am hoping for its success. Anyways, are you still using your n9 or what have you moved on to. I currently use Galaxy Note 3. Have had fun tinkering with it and making a few minor modifications to apks and such. Also am using the Tweaked rom for tmobile. It is well thought out and greatly expands user experience. Btw, anyone try porting Sailfish to n9?

Best wishes for 2014!
Haha so funny I was just sitting here fiddling with my Nexus 4, being annoyed by it and realized I haven't checked here in a while. My N9 suffered a storage failure and was bricked. I really, really miss that phone. I so wanted to go over to Jolla but the 2G was a dealbreaker for me. So I went with a Nexus 4, not too impressed by the Nexus 5. For work I actually got the Lumia 1020. So between Android and WP8 I'm not tinkering much at all anymore. Neo900 seems promising and if its under $300 to get one I'll probably do so. Honestly after all these years, I still have nothing but fond memories of the know how and spirit of this amazing community.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZackMorris For This Useful Post:
Im still suffering with my n9! I have a SGS2 as well, but my n9 is my main phone I use the S2 mainly for certain apps.

I dont do a lot of apps, which is probably why I can still get by on my n9. If I only knew how to get my Calendar to sync with Google calendar that would be the best!