Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Toronto
Ok, after doing it for 3 playlists, now its giving me "unable to find media file" when ever I try to play a track from a new playlist I'm creating.

The first 3 were fine.
But all the ones I'm doing after, i'm getting this error. Even though the files are there...when I go to file manager, its there.

Any ideas?

Last edited by babilonian; 2010-01-02 at 13:39.

Follow the Unix command of LES.. in the first page.I have another idea to create playlist and its beautiful for me.A bit confused if it was your first time using xterminal

Run xterminal and follow those codes (Do not need to gain root access):

cd MyDocs;cd .sounds
Now you are in the sound document,if u put your music in separate folder,its easier to organize,to get to each folder,use this:

cd "Folder Name"
when you get in your folder,use this:

find -name "*.mp3" > playlistname.m3u
Repeat those steps with each folder...Hope u enjoy it

Originally Posted by quangmach View Post
when you get in your folder,use this:

find -name "*.mp3" > playlistname.m3u
That is overkill.
Code:
ls *.mp3 > playlistname.m3u

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j.s For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by babilonian View Post
Ok, after doing it for 3 playlists, now its giving me "unable to find media file" when ever I try to play a track from a new playlist I'm creating.

The first 3 were fine.
But all the ones I'm doing after, i'm getting this error. Even though the files are there...when I go to file manager, its there.

Any ideas?
im sorry, i havent yet tried more than 2 playlist of now... let me creat more... and check...i'll hit you back....btw.. are you sure ur paths and perimetrs are correct? and do put in count that if you move ur songs in ur phone...they wont work..any ways..its 1 am over here.. i 'll try up with this 2moro...

and if any one has found a windows live messenger for maeo.. please let me know... cause the one im using now dosent seem to handle any voice or video..

okay guys.. iv just heard we can emulate pc games on this n900 by something called dosbox 0.73..

first iv got no clue wat it is...(checked their website..didnt undestand wat to download)

so please tell me were shal i exactly download it from..and how to install...

and simple question... can i play mortal kombat 4 on n900?? its a 12mb game which is avalibe on torrents..it was ment to be played on windows 95 and 98.....will it work?????.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
zikmir, You probably posted your message to wrong topic now. This is about media player. And I´m quite sure that people would appreciate if you would kindly stop using periods in the middle of sentence.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
@zikmir

I found out what the problem was. I had a space before \home\user\MyDocs
as soon as I deleted the space, it worked like a charm.

I'm interested in the ms messenger too. the one i'm using now is just for chat

iv tried both aMSN and pidgn... amsn has full video chat.. but pidgn only chat... iv so waitn for the windows live version....

and guys how do you zoom in photos?

as far as i can see, you double tap the screen and it zooms.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Portsmouth, England
Originally Posted by pankajsays View Post
Hey guys..
I was able to sync my n900 with media monkey.. and i documented the steps here:
http://pankajsays.blogspot.com/2009/...ia-player.html

hope that helps.
Thanks for the info and script, but I am still struggling and wonder if you or anyone can help. My problem is all music sync'd to my N900 via Media Monkey is going across but when I play it all album tracks are in alphabetical order not the album track order.

I tried your script (first time I have done anything like that) and when I ran it I got and error as follows:

Error #76 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Path not found
File "C:\program files\mediamonkey\scripts\FIXN900m3us.vbs", Line:31, Column:0

I am completely stuck and can't imagine all the N900 users with music would accept all their tracks in alphabetical order!

Please can someone help as I am desperate to get all my music on this device.

Regards
Simon