Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
She is an N9 teaser

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by geekgirl74 View Post
I don't get any further then starting ossofilemanager and displaying it via vnc. All other programs depend on a running dbus-session. This is, where my knowledge ends, cause ps -aux shows the (Android) dbus, which is running outside the chroot...
Unfortunately I stuck in the same place while trying to chroot into N900 on the N950. And it seems that you can't start Hildon without working Maemo dbus...

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
This story has its happy end, after all. Decided to give it another chance and voila, I'm happy now
This will replace my S3 together with a (soon-to-be-installed) Ubuntu Nexus 7, which I bought yesterday.
Will keep the S3 though, hoping for Ubuntu phone os for it to come

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 116 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Birmingham, UK
This story has its happy end, after all. Decided to give it another chance and voila, I'm happy now
This will replace my S3 together with a (soon-to-be-installed) Ubuntu Nexus 7, which I bought yesterday.
Will keep the S3 though, hoping for Ubuntu phone os for it to come
I have a jellybean Nexus 7 and an N9. I was never a N900 owner, but i am a bit of a tech-head. Bit senile these days, though, and have to keep referencing the how-tos cos i forget.

One bit of advice from one N9 owner (lover) to another: forget what you've ever known about the N900. You dont need to know about it. Linux knowledge is helpful. Android is different, and a bit irrelevant.

I dont use meecatalog, i use the Nokia store, and line commands / instructions from the devs. inception is pretty much required.

and welcome back.

The Following User Says Thank You to leoniedelt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by leoniedelt View Post
I have a jellybean Nexus 7 and an N9. I was never a N900 owner, but i am a bit of a tech-head. Bit senile these days, though, and have to keep referencing the how-tos cos i forget.

One bit of advice from one N9 owner (lover) to another: forget what you've ever known about the N900. You dont need to know about it. Linux knowledge is helpful. Android is different, and a bit irrelevant.

I dont use meecatalog, i use the Nokia store, and line commands / instructions from the devs. inception is pretty much required.

and welcome back.
thank you
one (maybe stupid) question: do I need Inception, though I have openmode now?

thank you
one (maybe stupid) question: do I need Inception, though I have openmode now?
tbh, i think inception works better - but i think its just a preference thing. AFAIK they achieve the same ends.

Now if we can just get a decent FB client on the N9, we'll be in business.

It IS a shame the same apps arent available on android, but it does give a lovely community feel that android doesnt have (except on xda regarding custom firmwares etc)...

The Following User Says Thank You to leoniedelt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by leoniedelt View Post
tbh, i think inception works better - but i think its just a preference thing. AFAIK they achieve the same ends.

Now if we can just get a decent FB client on the N9, we'll be in business.

It IS a shame the same apps arent available on android, but it does give a lovely community feel that android doesnt have (except on xda regarding custom firmwares etc)...
yeah, this community was one of the things, I missed the most Post a question on xda and you might wait forever for somebody to answer or sometimes you also get rude answers... Maybe xda is just too big for a community.

yeah, this community was one of the things, I missed the most Post a question on xda and you might wait forever for somebody to answer or sometimes you also get rude answers... Maybe xda is just too big for a community.
definitely too big for its own good sometimes. Lots of tossers posting stupid questions without reading the threads first.

That said, i love the CM10 nightlies on my Nexus7

Well, I guess I'm stupid or oldfashioned or both, but I just bought another used N900 I'm done with Android and patiently waiting for Sailfish to come, the N9 is no alternative for me so I'm hoping for my 3rd and last N900 (sold the other two long time ago) to shorten the waiting time

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Well, I guess I'm stupid or oldfashioned or both, but I just bought another used N900 I'm done with Android and patiently waiting for Sailfish to come, the N9 is no alternative for me so I'm hoping for my 3rd and last N900 (sold the other two long time ago) to shorten the waiting time
Didn't take long

If your looking for a quick guide to ease you back into Fremantle have a luck here.

http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_The_Perfect_Setup

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post: