Active Topics

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I have had connection errors but mobile network has always been stable. Have you tried removing and cleaning the sim. Also does pressing on the sim card area restore the connection?

Seen one post where someone s sim slot was causing issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Jolla battery life

Now nearly 2 months of use and last 3 weeks with the NFC tin foil fix applied!

Observations.

Battery life is better than my N900 and way better than my N9. It’s not just the standby time but the usage that is the big difference. On my N9 I never had my chat accounts active and definitely not bluetooth. I could get a good days usage but the battery meter was so unreliable as to be near useless under 50%. I lost count of the number of times it would drop from 40% to 4% (yes I know there is a bug) and then on reboot it would appear as 20% and then get the rattle of death at 2% and die before you could get a charger plugged in.

My Jolla is a different experience, the battery % is very accurate and falls in a linear fashion and that is with bluetooth, tweatian streaming and chat accounts active as well as positioning on too. It is a much more reliable experience and makes the phone use that much smarter and me that much less paranoid about battery time left.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Finland
Now where be january software update?

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Veska, Czech Rep.
Originally Posted by Miharin View Post
Now where be january software update?
Well, there's still plenty of January left, so...

Today I was asked from a friend to send him an .mp3 file via bluetooth and I couldn't figure it out! Is it even possible currently? Nice share options are available in Gallery for images and videos, but not in media player.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by 243kof View Post
Today I was asked from a friend to send him an .mp3 file via bluetooth and I couldn't figure it out! Is it even possible currently? Nice share options are available in Gallery for images and videos, but not in media player.
There is no way in N9, or is there? Maybe we have to wait for file manager that has sharing options.

It might be a piracy related that music player can't share files, I don't know.

The Following User Says Thank You to late88 For This Useful Post:
where does jolla store application data? for example, where do the files for the Notes application go? I have some text data on N900 (via built-in Notes application) that i want to transfer to Jolla.

Originally Posted by late88 View Post
There is no way in N9, or is there? Maybe we have to wait for file manager that has sharing options.

It might be a piracy related that music player can't share files, I don't know.
On Nokia N9 with a file manager (and the global sharing menu) it was possible to send everything via Bluetooth. But even N9 didn't offer sharing option from within the music application.

Hi guys,

I have just received my LE Other Half.

Anyone knows what is supposed to do? I replaced teh withe with the orange OH and then I switched off and on the device but nothing changes.

I did not go through the entire thread, sorry if the question has already been posted.

Try it again until it pops up the info that it found the other half and allows you to install the special ambience.
Also make sure to have the tohd.service running if you disabled it (as the workaround for the battery drainage issue)

Donate using Liberapay

The Following User Says Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience