Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
I know it is really old subject, but keeping it alive by bring it up again.

Is there any plans by community members to create an app for navigation?

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland

or sygic mobile maps...

Actually, all is good but I really miss ovi maps (as they were on 5800) sygic does not have Australia version

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Alexandria,Egypt
sygic sux,its trial and and doesnt have all maps,and ovi maps isnt satisfing enough specially no voice navigation.if you want something with voice navigation but not perfect try modrana

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by heartbreakdoctor View Post
...and ovi maps isnt satisfing enough specially no voice navigation...
What is so special in that voice guided navigation? Yes, it could be comfortable, when driving alone, but... For me it is far more important to have offline search and routing

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Alexandria,Egypt
as you said comfortable while driving,and i drive alot in crowded areas so cnt leave driving and look at mobile to chek if i should turn now or not yet

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California
I keep going from my N900 to the N8 and back again. Turn by turn with voice navigation, offline routing and re-routing is definitely a must have for me. If only I can fknd a way to have these 2 devices put together minus the ductape.

The Following User Says Thank You to whayong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Fairport, NY, USA
Navit anyone?

Originally Posted by acrux View Post
What is so special in that voice guided navigation? Yes, it could be comfortable, when driving alone, but... For me it is far more important to have offline search and routing
Voice makes it easy and comfortable, I dont have keep looking at screen to see how far before I have turn. Ovi maps voice is probably the best. I also agree that offline search and routing is good especially when you are in roaming zones (
the Three network in Australia sucks, the moment you leave major city you are in roaming zone)