prod external

p.s. not allowed to post warez links here, so just google for Phoenix Service Software 2011.38.003.46817, or use tpb, sorry

also search youtube for tutorials, plenty of them

Last edited by Vaterix; 2012-03-01 at 21:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vaterix For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
After all of the problems - I had to redo my Australian N9, got stuck at the reboot arrow (round arrow) for over 6 hours - I'm starting to really question how much testing went into this release.

I'm skipping PR1.2 on my Dubai sourced N9. Way too many problems with very few reasons to upgrade at the moment.

i flashed to 1.2 again with success. i see the warning at boot for changed firmware.

what should i do to get rid of that warning.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
No problems with my PR1.2. Rock solid and a lot faster. Plus the browser is usable with the basic new features, plus you can select default browser. Only problem i have with it at the moment is the placing of the front cam. Never put it at the bottom. That is where you hold your phone. But it's a minor so I can live with that.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
After all of the problems - I had to redo my Australian N9, got stuck at the reboot arrow (round arrow) for over 6 hours - I'm starting to really question how much testing went into this release.

I'm skipping PR1.2 on my Dubai sourced N9. Way too many problems with very few reasons to upgrade at the moment.
I waited for OTA for my SIngapore version, was pleasantly surprised. If you can go the easier route of OTA, I would say then, yes, it is worth it, try it out mate.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post

plus no open kernel. my n9 has the OTA update notification, and unlike normal ones, it wont seem to quit. anybody here know how to hide it?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Maemomd View Post
I waited for OTA for my SIngapore version, was pleasantly surprised. If you can go the easier route of OTA, I would say then, yes, it is worth it, try it out mate.
I did wait for OTA. It reboot arrow locked my Australian 16gb N9.

I had to WinFlash it back to something that would work, but I just switched to the Dubai 16gb Black N9 anyway - PR1.1.1 there, no complaints.

My faith of success was tainted with that OTA failure. And the questions about removing N9QuickTweak, Calendarr, and other things - did that. Reset the phone, set it back up close to stock, then hit the OTA.

Failed on reboot.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ houston, tx
Originally Posted by Vaterix View Post
prod external

p.s. not allowed to post warez links here, so just google for Phoenix Service Software 2011.38.003.46817, or use tpb, sorry

also search youtube for tutorials, plenty of them
i understand - thanks for the "info"

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
Originally Posted by ulex54 View Post
i flashed to 1.2 again with success. i see the warning at boot for changed firmware.

what should i do to get rid of that warning.
The more I read about this happening to people, including myself the more I am believing that some sort of security was added to the firmware in 1.2 to prevent cross flashing on certain handsets. Which is just awful.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi everyone,
This site has been a great place to find information about MeeGo, N9, and Maemo.
This morning to my surprise, after manually checking for updates, I was offered the upgrade to PR1.2.
I have a factory unlocked Hong Kong variant (as far as I know) purchased at home in Canada, and currently temporarily living in Jerusalem, Israel. I was in London when PR1.1 was released and it took almost 2 weeks to get the update and by that point I was in Denmark. So to only way 2 days to get the update from initial release was great.

I clicked update all (maybe that was a mistake), I then cancelled some of the ones I could, others downloaded and installed, and some wouldn't install. I then clicked the MeeGo update, did the backup, then told it to download, took about 50mins to download about 283MB, then it did the update, got to about 72%, said the update failed, and would reboot in 5 seconds. It rebooted, attempted to rescue the update, rebooted once or twice during the process, then told me it exceeded the max # of attempts and to try with NSU, or take it to a Nokia repair centre. I pressed ok, rebooted, same thing, Pressed ok again, rebooted, and it seems to be working, and seems to have been updated, along with the apps that needed PR1.2, but the version number reported is PR1.2 (20.2011.40-4_PR_005) and NSU says there's an update of 1.2GB.
Also I can't seem to uninstall apps. I have a few apps that I suspect may be the cause:
1) MeeFolders was previously installed, but was uninstalled about a week ago.
2) I have a Hebrew keyboard (not downloaded from Ovi Store, but I believe it's now available, no longer needed as Hebrew is supported natively in PR1.2)
3) Calendar Feed 0.6.1
4) Calendaricon 1.0.0
5) DiY OperatorLogo 0.0.1
6) Home screen settings 1.0.0
7) LPMCustomizer (neither this or DiY was used, as I took the icon I had off incase it was eating my battery, although unlikely I think, battery was dying in a matter of hours just normal mixed idle/active use)
8) MeeFolders 0.1.0 (installed about 2 or 3 days ago)

I plan to do a back up and use NSU to download and install PR1.2 again. I also so PR1.2 is now on Navifirm, so I guess I could reflash it that way if needed.

What is the best course of action at this point?

Is there a terminal command I can use to manually uninstall those 8 apps before doing the backup and using NSU?

Do you need more info?

Thanks in Advance,
Daniel