nokia hasnt put a phone that has better spec then any competition since the n95. That fone still does things better then the n900. so there no way nokia is goin release something so high spec again

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
n97 and n900 had better specs that everything else available on their release dates, was the half baked firmwares that let them down, i still aint forgiven them yet for the 8months i had an unusable n97 (until fw2.0 was released)
hoping theyll send us all a free meego N9 as compensation
but more likely ill be emptying my penny jar to pay for it

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
I want a gold plated Ferrari with tank tracks and a nymphomaniac in the passenger seat. But it probably ain't gonna happen.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
I want a gold plated Ferrari with tank tracks and a nymphomaniac in the passenger seat. But it probably ain't gonna happen.
I can see how the tank tracks would crimp your style and hold up the whole thing.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Montevideo
If is just for asking, if some magic could make it possible, i would "upgrade" the N900 to something that does basically the same, but have more RAM for running apps, more speed, bigger screen (5" maybe would be too big, but 3.5" is small for some uses, so somewhere between), far longer battery life (as in lasting for days without restricting on use), maybe other screen technology (something that look as good as it is, but more power-efficient), more sensors (why stop at compass/gyroscope? i want a tricorder , and of course, software (is not very bad as it is now or how seem to be coming with Meego, but anyway, if is for asking would add a wine-like compatibility layer to run seamless iphone/android apps)

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by vkv.raju View Post
Can't imagine I am starting a new thread with this topic but I would be interested in a phone with the following spec!
I have added what it think will be in the N9

1. 12 MP Camera with shutter and Dual Xenon Flash - May be but more likely 8MP camera with Led Flash.
2. Super AMOLED capacitive screen - Possible
3. 4/5-row Keyboard - Max 4 row.
4. Dual Core ARM or the latest & greatest ARM mobile processor at that time - Highly unlikely. Nokia already said that the next device was going to be a Omap 3xxx series.
5. Separate chip for graphics handling and a DSP for audio (like in our N900) - Guaranteed.
6. 1GB RAM & 1 GB ROM or more. - 512 MB. Is good enough and we also have swap
7. 32/64 Gb in-built memory (class 16 or more).- 32 Gb is good enough to keep prices low. You can always add additional memory via expandable storage.
8. atleast 1 micro SDHC/X slot (should be hot-swappable i.e., it should be replaceable without removing battery). - Most likely
9. Dual SIM slots (with atleast one being hot-swappable). - Definite No
10. Radios & Sensors: FM Transceiver/compass/gyroscope /accelometer/IR Transceiver/bluetooth3.0/5 band 3G/4G ready (LTE)/front facing camera/NFC/ambient sensor/proximity sensor/noise cancellation/wifi b/g/n - Yes to all.
11. 1 standard nokia charging point and atleast 1 USB port. USB port should support charging/OTG/Host mode. - Yes
12. 3.5mm audio - I will bet my life on this.
13. HDMI 1.4 - Yes.. but 1.4... not sure.
14. 32/64 Gb in-built memory
15. Weight ~150gms (upto 180 gms might also be fine)
16. physical size (especially thickness) should be equal to or smaller than the current N900
17. Screen: 3.5 to 4" with high resolution and good pitch density - 4 "
18. Hot swappable battery! (should be able to replace battery without switching off the phone. Basically a capacitor that can provide 5 mins of life should be good enough) - No... not yet
19. MeeGo OS - Yes
20. Constant OS/software updates (once every 6 months) - Yes
21: price around $500-$550 at launch. - More like 649$

Except for the Dual SIM and hot swappable battery, I think I have been reasonable enough with my specs. Dual-SIM and hot swappable battery would both really be ground-breaking in high-end devices. I hope the "N9" comes with these

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Excellent. Ditch the cellular radio and make the screen bigger. BAM! A real tablet contender instead of YAIW (yet another Iphone Wanna-Be). I could even do without the camera(s).

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
We are somewhat closer to my choice of specs (4-row, 4", hot-swappable microSD/SIM, thinner than N900, aluminium casing) for the N9 ("leaked").

But I might gonna pass this...

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Los Angeles
I haven't seen any legit phones with #9 on them.. only seen them on those clones of iphones and nokia phones that have like 2 call and end buttons.