Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
After a reboot headphone-control does not work with mediabox.
If I start the original mediaplayer, close it, and start mediabox
again, then the headphone button works.
When pausing via the headphone, the timestamp keeps on
running and the play / pause indicator does not toggle.
It looks like, that only the mafw backend pauses, but mediabox
does not notice the headphone button.
But this seems not to be an issue of mediabox, but of headphone-
control. Or is there a way, that mediabox notices, when mafw itself
gets paused?
I did not have any battery problems with the SVN, but I am not using
the UPNP stuff.

The Following User Says Thank You to mase For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
MediaBox ought to get notified when MAFW pauses.
At least it watches for changes in state.

Good to hear that the SVN version causes no problems.

Hello Pycage,

1. I use the latest version of this great program on my N810. I use the Internet Radio part of it. I noticed that many times I tune in to a radio lets say channel 5 in my list and it jumps to and plays channel 7 while showing the name of the radio and song title of channel 6. So its inconsistent. So for some reason this jumping happens often. This jumpyness often happens both when clicking on a radio station in my list or when I use the next or previous buttons. And its not because those stations are unavailable, because they are available.
It would be good if this bug was removed.

2. Sometimes (randomly) Mediabox "falls a sleep" for like 30 secs when tuning in to another radio station. It would be good to get this bug fixed also.

3. The Hungarian accents (characters like áéöüő) are not displayed correctly in the Song Title line, there are ? (question mark) characters instead, while the name of the radio is correctly displayed with Hungarian accents on the top of the screen.
The default media player shows even the song titles with correct characters.
How can I fix it in the Mediabox?

4. The song title is scrolled back and forth in the right half of the screen. Isnt it possible to give place on the left half of the screen also for the song title so that this scrolling is not needed, or still needed but much less often? Because this scrolling takes a good while till you can read all the info in the line.

5. I read in the posts that you can have a portrait mode for N810 and you have to do something with the advanced backlight program. How to do it exactly?

6. I also read something about a widget. Is there a widget mode for N810?

7. What is this SVN version you mentioned earlier? Are these some kind of non official daily or weekly builds?

8. Normally when there is no internet connection on N810 then any program that needs internet starts the connection on demand. Mediabox fails to do that.

The first 3 bullet points are annoying so it would be good to get them fixed, but anyway its a great software, thanks!

Last edited by sangean99; 2010-10-10 at 06:53.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Hey pycage

Here's my 2c:

[N800] After the last update I have noticed a couple of issues...

1-shuffle / repeat all - in a playlist of all of the mp3s on my SD card it seems to only "choose" next song in the first 1/3 of the playlist. This occurs when starting track is at the begining of the list and also when the begining track is at the end of the list.
- I also noticed that if I choose to start playing a track near the end of the playlist (with shuffle and repeat all off) then skip to next, the next track played is track #1.

[Update] The above seems to have resolved itself after I deleted then recreated the "All songs" Playlist.

2- Has anything changed in the MPlayer backend? I have several videos (all encoded @ same settings) where some play perfectly and others are very choppy. The weird part is the "choppy videos play perfectly when played directly from MPlayer. (.avi 650kbps, xvid, 400x240)

nudge nudge....any word on the FM radio plugin for the N800?

I think you may have answered this before....Is it possible to replicate the volume control from the standalone FM Tuner in MediaBox? ie: the FM Tuner's volume can be cranked way up whereas inn MediaBox it tops out. I especially need this when watching videos as I can't seem to get the audio loud enough.

( I am running the headphone audio out from my N800 to the line in on a BoomBox)

I actually have the headphone out from the first BoomBox running into another BoomBox line in to get a decent amount of volume.....ear plugs and a loud work environment)

-

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Last edited by Snoshrk; 2010-10-10 at 13:01. Reason: add more info

Originally Posted by sangean99 View Post
1. I use the latest version of this great program on my N810. I use the Internet Radio part of it. I noticed that many times I tune in to a radio lets say channel 5 in my list and it jumps to and plays channel 7 while showing the name of the radio and song title of channel 6.

2. Sometimes (randomly) Mediabox "falls a sleep" for like 30 secs when tuning in to another radio station. It would be good to get this bug fixed also.
I'll look at this. Thanks for reporting at bugzilla!

3. The Hungarian accents (characters like áéöüő) are not displayed correctly in the Song Title line, there are ? (question mark) characters instead, while the name of the radio is correctly displayed with Hungarian accents on the top of the screen.
The default media player shows even the song titles with correct characters.
How can I fix it in the Mediabox?
Can you give the URL of the radio stream?

4. The song title is scrolled back and forth in the right half of the screen. Isnt it possible to give place on the left half of the screen also for the song title so that this scrolling is not needed, or still needed but much less often? Because this scrolling takes a good while till you can read all the info in the line.
Yes, something should be changed here.

5. I read in the posts that you can have a portrait mode for N810 and you have to do something with the advanced backlight program. How to do it exactly?
Search this forum for portrait mode on the N8x0.

6. I also read something about a widget. Is there a widget mode for N810?
It's made by 412b and available in Diablo extras-devel.

7. What is this SVN version you mentioned earlier? Are these some kind of non official daily or weekly builds?
The SVN version is the bleeding edge version of the code and may or may not work well.
See here: https://garage.maemo.org/scm/?group_id=355

8. Normally when there is no internet connection on N810 then any program that needs internet starts the connection on demand. Mediabox fails to do that.
Thanks for reporting.

Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
2- Has anything changed in the MPlayer backend? I have several videos (all encoded @ same settings) where some play perfectly and others are very choppy. The weird part is the "choppy videos play perfectly when played directly from MPlayer. (.avi 650kbps, xvid, 400x240)
Nope, nothing has changed there for some months.

nudge nudge....any word on the FM radio plugin for the N800?
Not yet. But it's not forgotten.

I think you may have answered this before....Is it possible to replicate the volume control from the standalone FM Tuner in MediaBox? ie: the FM Tuner's volume can be cranked way up whereas inn MediaBox it tops out. I especially need this when watching videos as I can't seem to get the audio loud enough.
What do you mean, it tops out?

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
What do you mean, it tops out?
In Media Box the volume goes up to (arbitrary illustration) 10. Whereas, the FM Tuner the volume (via the H/W buttons) goes to 15,16,n+1, until it distorts & I stop.

Note: this is all when output through the headphone jack....

Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Nope, nothing has changed there for some months.
Hmmmm, weird. I even rebooted, tried one of the offending videos in MediaBox-stutter, then in Mplayer-good playback.

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
I seem to have problem with playing downloaded YouTube videos agains, If I select MAFW for flash videos then it doesnt play at all but if I chose GS streamer then I get voice only no videos, any suggestions why.

Hungarian accent problem...

Can you give the URL of the radio stream?
Here is the URL:

http://radio.szentkoronaradio.com:8048

Tags
mediabox, pycage rules