Active Topics

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
honestly i don't know. let's ask freemangordon.
Just try Stock PR1.3 then install kernel power. Just don't touch CSSU at the moment.

Out of curiosity - is it "safe" to install all new packages from cssu-thumb repo now, or we need to wait for a sign?

I'm asking, as I have certain device that wasn't updated for a year or so, and for various reason it need to have mp-fremantle-community-pr package removed. Thus, I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to painfully install things from thumb repo with =version_string, or everything should "just work" now.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
FWIW, all my Thumb packages are up to date as per the current state of the repo, without said signal. Like you, I also do not have the metapackage and quite possibly a few other individual packages, removed as part of the purging exercise. No adverse effetcs observed yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Albania
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Out of curiosity - is it "safe" to install all new packages from cssu-thumb repo now, or we need to wait for a sign?

I'm asking, as I have certain device that wasn't updated for a year or so, and for various reason it need to have mp-fremantle-community-pr package removed. Thus, I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to painfully install things from thumb repo with =version_string, or everything should "just work" now.

/Estel
Same question here

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Estel View Post

/Estel
You'd better install mp-fremantle-community-pr package (just temporarily), it will pull all the dependencies in place

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
But keep in mind the repos are supposed to be self-containing.
Then I have some bad news for you

libhildon1-dev is in cssu-thumb but depends on libcairo2-dev which is not. I had to enable SDK to get it.

Last edited by pichlo; 2014-04-30 at 07:50. Reason: Corrected package name

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Gah, and I thought FMG already had uploaded the updated version to the repos, I want a working pause button in Rockbox

Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
Gah, and I thought FMG already had uploaded the updated version to the repos, I want a working pause button in Rockbox
Starting from tomorrow there are a couple of non-working days here, I'll do my best to fix the issue and make a new -thumb release

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Starting from tomorrow there are a couple of non-working days here, I'll do my best to fix the issue and make a new -thumb release
Nice! Don't want to be pushy though, can't wait!

The Following User Says Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
Nice! Don't want to be pushy though, can't wait!
Hmm, just installed it from extras-devel and seems I am unable to make it crash by following the instructions here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=299

cssu-thumb version - 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo9.1+thumb0

and I have the latest h-d, HAM and glibc installed on top of it (from the -thumb repo).

Community SSU developer

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life