Active Topics

Notices

I've been using modest with my .mac (now MobileMe) account for ages using IMAPS and it has been working fine, but it has recently stopped working. I've tried deleting the account and restoring backups, but nothing seems to help.

I've tried claws, and that seems to work ok, but it did prompt me to accept an SSL cert, leading me to conclude that I might need to coerce modest into accepting a new one, somehow.

Just to make life more confusing, at some point, modest started working with the .mac account again and at the same time claws stopped working, but the situation has reversed again.

The Apple mail client on OS X and Thunderbird running on my eee give no problems. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix or debug the problem?

fnord
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Settings -> Control Panel -> Certificate manager?

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
My Modest hasn't been working for the past few weeks with Gmail's IMAP either.

Hopefully the next device'll be fast enough to run the full JavaScript version, and with Google Gears I can have a half-way decent mobile email client.

My Modest is working fine with GMail IMAP.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
My Modest is working fine with GMail IMAP.
Hmm. Was your Certificate Manager hint because of something you've had to do?

I should check, actually, if it still opens and works - certainly the notifications have stopped.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Just a guess. I never needed that.

Mine got fixed by starting modest and clicking "OK" on the "invalid certificate" warning which came up. Couldn't see a way of exporting that certificate to import it into Certificate Manager.

However, I'm now getting email notfications again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Hmm. I don't get an invalid certificate warning from Modest, although I did from Claws. Modest just sits there like an idiot and does nothing when i attempt to fetch mail - no warning messages or dialogues of any kind.

As I noted before, what is odd is that at one point it did work, for about a day, then went back to broken.

I tried exporting the Apple root cert from my Mac and importing it on the N800 but this has made no difference.

I have a vague recollection of having a similar problem some time ago, but the solution eludes me.

As everyone wants to spy on our internet traffic in the UK now, running mail without SSL is not going to happen.

fnord
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Can anyone help me with this? I've still not got modest to work with my .mac email account again. I've reflashed the n800 and it still doesn't work with my .mac account (which obviously did work properly for over a year). There is no output from modest to suggest what is wrong - it just does nothing when i ask it to check for mail. It doesn't work if I turn off SSL either.

So, if anyone is actually using modest on diablo with a .mac or mobileme account, please mention that here, even if you don't know how to help me.

Also, I'd appreciate any comments on whether this is fixed in Freemantle, as I wouldn't buy an N900 if this issue is not resolved.

cheers,
fnord
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Tags
mobileme, modest