Notices

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I can't get over it, ever since I first saw this in the repo I've felt that there's something a bit off about this app.

Won't your girl just tell you when she's on and if you're together for a long time you'll probably inadvertently learn the cycle anyway.

And that point by Kathy about carrying around info of females' cycles in your phone... totally creepy!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Throwing some cents into this:

For all the women out there buying ovulation test kits, having an application that can actually predict (depending if their cycle is a stable one), when they're most likely to get pregnant would be a great idea.
So, target it towards couples who could use an extra pointer in when to try the hardest.

Personally, I would not target such an application towards
1. men worried about PMS (or any other things they really, and I mean, really, don't understand)
2. women who would like to use "natural" birth control (because that's not reliable)

By the way, having worked in health counselling, you'd be surprised how many girls and boys don't even have the slightest idea how their inside work...
I can't even count the number of times I've heard girls ask: "Can I avoid getting pregnant, if I only have unprotected sex on my non-period days?" and others checking to make sure that they never, ever can get pregnant while on their period. (The answer to the latter is, "there are no such thing as safe days")

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
Won't your girl just tell you when she's on and if you're together for a long time you'll probably inadvertently learn the cycle anyway.
Sounds like your comment only refers to male users of that app.

When it comes to female users it can be useful.
Of course you can try to keep everything in mind, but people also enter data in calendars nowadays to not forget what's going to happen in the next days.

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 511 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Greece
Originally Posted by peadroo View Post
dear all
hi \
I just join this great community And I am greatfull for that
I need your help to understand this application
if any one can help me with colour code meaning throw the period cycle
thank you all for your support
Have you checked the "Help"? You can get it from the application menu (tap the title bar).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to v13 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
I can't get over it, ever since I first saw this in the repo I've felt that there's something a bit off about this app.

And that point by Kathy about carrying around info of females' cycles in your phone... totally creepy!
You can always use this to see what days after a couple of months would be "ok" to make a trip, go to sea, climb a mountain, etc... It's just a convenience tool.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to v13 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by v13 View Post
You can always use this to see what days after a couple of months would be "ok" to make a trip, go to sea, climb a mountain, etc... It's just a convenience tool.
v13, if this is your situation, you need to really evaluate your relationships.

Originally Posted by ketil View Post
v13, if this is your situation, you need to really evaluate your relationships.
Why ?

Why ?
Because if a woman's menstrual cycle is determining whether you are ""ok" to make a trip, go to sea, climb a mountain, etc..." then there are some issues.

If you were referring to the period being an obstacle for the mentioned activities for women themselves, women are having their period for 1/4th of their lives between ~ 16-45, and they are by and large handling their lives pretty OK.

-K

Because if a woman's menstrual cycle is determining whether you are ""ok" to make a trip, go to sea, climb a mountain, etc..." then there are some issues.
I didn't say "I". It's for her.

If you were referring to the period being an obstacle for the mentioned activities for women themselves, women are having their period for 1/4th of their lives between ~ 16-45, and they are by and large handling their lives pretty OK.
My experience is quite different as I (we) have used this tool a lot in the past (mostly before N900). Of course YMMV.

I didn't say "I". It's for her..

OK, sorry, then I misunderstood!

My experience is quite different as I (we) have used this tool a lot in the past (mostly before N900). Of course YMMV.
My reply was sort of a a knee jerk reaction to the (unfortunately pretty common) view that women's moods are more likely than not a medical condition. (Other than, let's say, understandable reactions to not being treated right.)
I see now that I misunderstood you, so my reaction was misdirected, and for that I apologize!

-K