Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
If people dont want ads then fuking pay for the apps or use free apps or make your own. Damn *****s.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
i bet google and facebook as well not working on your device. Just leave "127.0.0.1 RM696 localhost" in hosts file and delete all others.
What do you think why I put them there. Because I wanted them to work?? I put them there because I do not want to be bothered by those parasites. And because I am not allowed to clean the facebook or google plugin from my N9 from, I will not buy a Jolla device: same makers, same patronizing, I expect.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
But, if you have yourself put local entries to your /etc/hosts, why are you asking about the way your device presents resolved information?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by amigo View Post
Code:
127.0.0.1 RM696 localhost
[...]
127.0.0.1	doubleclick.net
[QUOTE]
I bet you EUR 100 that if you look in /etc/hosts you will find a line like:

127.0.0.1 doubleclick.net
[QUOTE]

Note: you owe me EUR 100

There is in fact a line of the kind in my hosts file:

0.0.0.0 doubleclick.net
Well, either that wasn't true, or is not true anymore.

Please do everyone (trying to help you) a favour and remove all entries but the first one from /etc/hosts. At least temporarily. Once you confirm that your "issue" is solved you have your answer, the thread can be closed, and you can continue polluting your /etc/hosts with invalid data.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Well, either that wasn't true, or is not true anymore.
It was true until I removed the whole bunch of these entries:
As you told me, I now removed all of the 0.0.0.0 entries from the hosts file and then rebooted the phone. This did not cause any change to the strange effect. But to tell the whole story, before I applied the changes to the phone I already had blocked these sites by means of the child protetection blacklist within my router. So my conclusion still is, that something (not necessarily QNetMan2) really is trying (in vain) to establish a connection with doubleclick.net. What do you think?
So I already have done once what you are proposing now again:
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Please do everyone (trying to help you) a favour and remove all entries but the first one from /etc/hosts. At least temporarily. Once you confirm that your "issue" is solved you have your answer, the thread can be closed, and you can continue polluting your /etc/hosts with invalid data.
After I had run the commands posted in #14 I added the entries again but this time I used 127.0.0.1 instead of 0.0.0.0

I don't understand why I should repeat the removal of these enties and why you do expect to gain new information from it. Would you kindly explain it to me? Thank for the patience you exercised so far!

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I don't understand why I should repeat the removal of these enties and why you do expect to gain new information from it. Would you kindly explain it to me? Thank for the patience you exercised so far!
When you remove all the excess entries from your hosts file, and check again the qnetman output, I would expect you will not see anything about doubleclick there.

I think that was your original concern, yes?

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Well, I was kinda surprised that you had (again) bad stuff in your /etc/hosts, but anyway.

I looked again at the screenshot you posted, in particular the nslookup output. Which DNS server have you configured?

1.Is your N9 using DHCP or a manually set (list of) DNS addresses?
2.If manual, which DNSs have you configured?
3.If DHCP, from where is it getting the IP/DNS addresses? (probably from router, but check)
4.If router, what DNS addresses are configured in the router?

Somehow you seem to be using an "OpenNIC" DNS server which (COULD BE) seems to be the one resolving doubleclick.net to 0.0.0.0 (VERY BAD FOR A DNS SERVER).

BTW your DNS server doesn't seem to be up?
Code:
$ dig doubleclick.net @81.89.98.6
;; connection timed out: no servers could be reached
According to http://wiki.opennicproject.org/Tier2 your DNS is not even on the list (but appears on Wikipedia?).

Please answer the above 1-4 questions and let's take it from there.