The unlimited on device browsing doesn't seem to work with the n900 with rogers (i'm using prepaid)

Originally Posted by gtessier00 View Post
Your choice, but I'm wondering how this can be possible......
How what can be possible? That I don't like it, or that I'm willing to sell it for $150 off?
I don't like it because I thought I was upgrading from a e71. Turns out the half-baked OS and the lack of apps makes this a downgrade, not an upgrade. (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=438257&postcount=6) + no long key press; slow e-mail, unfirendly music player, ...I think I'll get an e72 if I want to upgrade.
Up to $150 off because that I believe that is a fair price to pay for having tried out the phone. However, I may get offers well above the $650, so I may not lose much.

Originally Posted by callerid View Post
How what can be possible? That I don't like it, or that I'm willing to sell it for $150 off?
I don't like it because I thought I was upgrading from a e71. Turns out the half-baked OS and the lack of apps makes this a downgrade, not an upgrade. (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=438257&postcount=6) + no long key press; slow e-mail, unfirendly music player, ...I think I'll get an e72 if I want to upgrade.
Up to $150 off because that I believe that is a fair price to pay for having tried out the phone. However, I may get offers well above the $650, so I may not lose much.
No I mean how this can be possible to NOT like the N900!! I absolutely respect this, but I thought more people would like it! I upgraded from an E71 to the N900 and I think this a BIG upgrade. The device has just came out, it is normal that there are not a lot of apps, OVI store isn't even online!

Originally Posted by gtessier00 View Post
OVI store isn't even online!
Precisely: they launched the phone in a hurry without full support. In the phone/contacts you can't make groups/categories; but of course its an internet tablet, not a phone: but then what explains the slow browser, the inability to play flash without lag? Well, it's a mini computer. What, without even the ability to create folders? And does the music player feel like a pre-iPod player from 1998 or what? And the keyboard is a pain to use compared to the e71.
So, sorry, but it is possible to not like this phone. How long have you had yours? I'd be happy to sell you mine if you'd like another.

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Originally Posted by skewpar View Post
The unlimited on device browsing doesn't seem to work with the n900 with rogers (i'm using prepaid)
Really? Before switching to FIDO, I had my N900 working with Rogers prepaid $7 unlimited on device browsing. That was more than 2 months ago though.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Edmonton, AB, Canada
Originally Posted by EIPI View Post
Really? Before switching to FIDO, I had my N900 working with Rogers prepaid $7 unlimited on device browsing. That was more than 2 months ago though.
Do you remember how you did it? I set up the goam.com access point and the proper web proxy, but trying to access the web triggers an SMS trying to sell me a "Day DataPass". I'd rather use the $1 daily unlimited browsing than the $2.99 20 Mb day datapass...

Got my credit card charge from mobilecityonline. The US$689.94 was charged as CDN$750.37. Then there was $97.26 duties/taxes on top of that. So ordering from mobilecityonline ends up costing just under CDN$850 for the N900 (with priority shipping). Without the more expensive shipping, it would likely be about CDN$825, which is pretty much exactly what it likely costs to go with expansys.ca.

The Following User Says Thank You to nobodysbusiness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Ontario, Canada
I have had my N900 for close to three weeks but had no carrier service on the device so far. I have been using Wi-fi exclusively in combination with Skype.

The dilemma: I don't have a phone number and need to get one ASAP.

I know I have a lot of options right now. Just wondering if anybody has tried Fido, Rogers and WIND and can provide a comparison of all three. Please enlighten us.

And what are guys talking about the Unlimited Browsing. Does that provide the same service as a data plan??

So confused! Help me! haha

Originally Posted by pablob View Post
Do you remember how you did it? I set up the goam.com access point and the proper web proxy, but trying to access the web triggers an SMS trying to sell me a "Day DataPass". I'd rather use the $1 daily unlimited browsing than the $2.99 20 Mb day datapass...

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Ontario, Canada
Got a new number! All I can say is "Gone with Wind"

If you plan to go with Wind, don't go to Blockbuster stores for now...go to an actual WIND store because blockbuster locations don't have Sim cards yet.

Originally Posted by EMAD View Post
I have had my N900 for close to three weeks but had no carrier service on the device so far. I have been using Wi-fi exclusively in combination with Skype.

The dilemma: I don't have a phone number and need to get one ASAP.

I know I have a lot of options right now. Just wondering if anybody has tried Fido, Rogers and WIND and can provide a comparison of all three. Please enlighten us.

And what are guys talking about the Unlimited Browsing. Does that provide the same service as a data plan??

So confused! Help me! haha

Originally Posted by EMAD View Post
Got a new number! All I can say is "Gone with Wind"

If you plan to go with Wind, don't go to Blockbuster stores for now...go to an actual WIND store because blockbuster locations don't have Sim cards yet.
So Wind in TO got 3G up? Hope they go to BC soooon!

Tags
buy, canada, canadian, cost, n900, provider, providers, retailers, rogers, wind