Notices

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
You need StarDict format, not XDXF format.
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/xdx...-2.4.2.tar.bz2

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
hello there, I've download the dictionary from one of the site and the format is in Stardict but the problem is, it is missing a .ifo file. I was wandering is it possible to regenerate it somehow to make StarDict read the file?

The dictionary file is found from here:
http://code.google.com/p/khmeriphone...nNath_Dico.zip

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by oskarmat View Post
Hi,

after installing Qstardict on your n900,

go to

http://xdxf.revdanica.com/down2/inde...ormat=StarDict

and download the dictionaries you want.

Extract them in a folder in your pc.

Connect the n900 via usb and create a folder for the dictionaries (e.g. documents\dict)

copy all of the extracted dictionaries from the computer to the n900 folder that you just created.

disconnect the n900 from the pc and open the qstardict app.

Go to Menu\COnfigure
plugins tab
stardict (make sure a V is on its left)

and click on the wrench tool. Then click on the plus and point it the folder where you previously put the dictionaries.
go back and select the "dictionaries" tab

make sure all the dictionaries are listed and have a V (meaning they are active)

That's it

let me know if it's not clear.
i have followed the whole procedure but there does not appeared any dictionary in dictionaries tab

Possible silly question,

Following the download dictionarys link , did you make sure that on right hand side, under Other options - Download format you selected StarDic not the default xdxf?

Originally Posted by zenecho View Post
Possible silly question,

Following the download dictionarys link , did you make sure that on right hand side, under Other options - Download format you selected StarDic not the default xdxf?
hi
i have selected stardic format and not default format.
i always face the same problem whenever i try to install dictionaries on my n900.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Zanzibar
Thanks it works on my N900. Now I don't have to refer to my E73 to use dictionary any more.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Dear asasan,

Where did you find this English-Italian dictionary?

QStarDict works fine, I can install Italian-English and French-English without problems.

But: I cannot find the English-Italian and English-French dictionaries. Can you provide it?

Cheers, Rob

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ India
Hello

I have installed MStarDick

I have read all the thread but linked are all broken. Can someone give me the link where I can download the database for MStarDick

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by ijAcK View Post
Hello

I have installed MStarDick

I have read all the thread but linked are all broken. Can someone give me the link where I can download the database for MStarDick
Both MStarDict and QStarDict use standard stardict format dictionaries. Unfortunately most/all of the original sites containing these have gone/been taken offline, but you can search online for any new sites. Any stardict format (not XDXF) dictionaries should work.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Both MStarDict and QStarDict use standard stardict format dictionaries. Unfortunately most/all of the original sites containing these have gone/been taken offline, but you can search online for any new sites. Any stardict format (not XDXF) dictionaries should work.
I searched a lot and zipoo....zero
I download-it the stardict windows version...eee...... I find one, inside that program dic folder, but if you push the download button for more dictionaries(database) you will rich a site with other dictionaries(apps).

edit: finaly i found
http://abloz.com/huzheng/stardict-dic/

Last edited by SHARP66; 2013-11-26 at 21:29.

Tags
help wanted, qtstardict