oh, lol, that worked! That was easy, thank you!

anyway to do this without inception ??
do i just overwrite with the new grob and keep doing it every time I reboot the N9 ??

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
you will need opensh shell to do it so inception is required...

Anyway you can always try it as the last time I was in normal mode was at least 6 months ago...

do in terminal as root:

cp -R /usr/bin/grob /home/user/MyDocs/grob.orig
cp -R /home/user/MyDocs/grob /usr/bin/

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
you will need opensh shell to do it so inception is required...

Anyway you can always try it as the last time I was in normal mode was at least 6 months ago...

do in terminal as root:

cp -R /usr/bin/grob /home/user/MyDocs/grob.orig
cp -R /home/user/MyDocs/grob /usr/bin/
thx, but i already installed inception (too impatient to wait for an answer)

will the modification stick if i now uninstall inception ??

Originally Posted by sid21177 View Post
thx, but i already installed inception (too impatient to wait for an answer)

will the modification stick if i now uninstall inception ??
Ok now that you have inception, do the signing using the method in the first post then you can uninstall inception and it should stick since refhashlist has already been signed...

Absolutely new experience of browsing! Thanks a lot!

@ pr 1.3
with inception.
tried in terminal the code in first page but resulted reboot and stock browser didnt open.
had to apt-get the original to work again.
any suggestions?

edit:tried again and it worked!both android and ios!thank you for your great work!browser is much better now.

Last edited by jimpsar; 2012-10-18 at 09:48.

Hi,

Is there a way to keep several versions of grob's UA at once? I'm mostly happy with the original UA but there's one particular site I need that forces me to the mobile version, which I don't want.

Ideally, I'd like to have a second main menu icon that launches grob with a desktop (say, IE9) UA. A way to start it from the command line would also do.

I've tried copying one of the files from the original post to /usr/bin/grob2 and launching it but it simply maximized my existing browser window. With very little hope, I tried closing it before starting grob2 but it also started the default browser (whatsmyuseragent shows the nokia string and the ps command only shows grob, not grob2).

I don't currently have inception though. Could it be the reason or would it not work anyway?

Thanks!

jorge,

Use N9QTweak it has added a new option whereby an icon is created on your home screen to allow you to fast-switch between stock, iOS and Android UAs...

Originally Posted by jorge View Post
Hi,

Is there a way to keep several versions of grob's UA at once? I'm mostly happy with the original UA but there's one particular site I need that forces me to the mobile version, which I don't want.

Ideally, I'd like to have a second main menu icon that launches grob with a desktop (say, IE9) UA. A way to start it from the command line would also do.

I've tried copying one of the files from the original post to /usr/bin/grob2 and launching it but it simply maximized my existing browser window. With very little hope, I tried closing it before starting grob2 but it also started the default browser (whatsmyuseragent shows the nokia string and the ps command only shows grob, not grob2).

I don't currently have inception though. Could it be the reason or would it not work anyway?

Thanks!
+1 for this.
The ability to have multiple UA is brilliant.
Maybe we could setup different 'sessions' like firefox desktop?