Active Topics

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking on this form and mostly this thread for the last 5-6 months. I got very excited after reading the tales about people using this device to its fullest extend with custom builds. Even more so when i saw the possibility of using arch linux on this device as i do with my all my other machines. It was quite a struggle as i'd never manually compiled a kernel before but after revisiting this many times i'm happy to report that i got a working image of the 4.7-rc4 kernel with the latest rootfs running well.

Right now i'm having a problem with the current version of wpa_supplicant but the wifi is working fine for wep networks. I'm also under the impression that the seccomp fault of systemd has been solved so the latest 233 also works at this moment with the for-mentioned kernel version.

For this entire endeavor i've written a build script that goes from kernel source to full image which i would be happy to share here once i've cleaned it out a bit. Once i got the wpa problem sorted i will also try and put up a tar of my current image so people don't have to try the ancient image in the post before.

I'd like to give big thanks to tcbl50 as his information was crucial to me figuring this all out.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jukebox For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
great! you could even use much newer kernels than 4.7. see Maemo Leste and PostmarketOS for example configs

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
I remember too there where problems with wifi in older kernels.
So i can only second sicelo too skip to a newer kernel.

But as long as postmarketOS still has trouble with wifi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eux9IcB2lfg#t=80 and
leste currently uses "experimental" PowerVR patches,

a more safer start (imo) would be "known to work" devuan (4.15.7) kernel.
It may be worth trying a vanilla stable 4.18.16 too.
Happy hacking

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pythoneye2 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
I'm on metered connection and Fremantle, so can't watch that YT video. However, there is no non-working WiFi issue on pmOS (after all, the driver is upstreamed). Someone did open an issue, that turned out to be a NetworkManager problem.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Hello, have anybody got working link to ArchLinuxARM-N900-2013.02-rootfs.tar.gz? I was searching long hours, but nothing.
Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to kompas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
Originally Posted by kompas View Post
Hello, have anybody got working link to ArchLinuxARM-N900-2013.02-rootfs.tar.gz? I was searching long hours, but nothing.
Thanks.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=14X...J56mpb_6ZeC_BS

The Following User Says Thank You to tcbl50 For This Useful Post: