Active Topics

i wanted to solve my "lifeguard-reset" with a flash...

but i just flash my n800 with this command line above...

sudo ./flasher-3.0.amd64, RX-34_DIABLO_5.2008.43-7_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R

then the device is on... with a nokia logo screen... with a wrench tool...
and the device is not reconized by any computer .... linux or windows...

This a brick? or i have any chance to get back my N800 working?

Tks and sorry for my poor english ... i am a brazilian ...

sudo ./flasher-3.0.amd64, -f RX-34_DIABLO_5.2008.43-7_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -R

this is the command line that i used.....
i know the right command is .: sudo ./flasher-3.0.amd64, -F RX-34_DIABLO_5.2008.43-7_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R

but and now? can anyone help me.. .with this thing?

Originally Posted by max.pmpr View Post
but i just flash my n800 with this command line above...

sudo ./flasher-3.0.amd64, RX-34_DIABLO_5.2008.43-7_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R
That should be

Code:
sudo ./flasher-3.0.amd64 -F RX-34_DIABLO_5.2008.43-7_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R
(-F, no comma)

then the device is on... with a nokia logo screen... with a wrench tool...
and the device is not reconized by any computer
Make sure the device is switched off before running the above, and try holding the "home" button while switching it on. See http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware for more details.

I think the device should be disconnected from power to be recognized by the flasher. Try disconnecting when it says 'waiting for usb...' read carefully the instructions in the wiki.

I have the exact same problem, only mine will not even turn off. Is there any way to flash it when it is on?

Originally Posted by 64bitz View Post
I have the exact same problem, only mine will not even turn off. Is there any way to flash it when it is on?
The device SHOULD be on when flashing it:
It will say:

Suitable USB device not found, waiting

* N900: Whilst holding the ‘u’ key, plug the USB back in. Wait until you get a dark screen with the NOKIA logo in the middle and a USB logo in the top right, and let go of the key.

1. If the USB logo does not appear, and the device turns off - ensure the battery is charged by connecting to the wall charger for an hour.

* N810, N800 and 770: Take your device, and hold down the Home/Swap button (looks like a little house on the N800 and 770, and two overlapping rectangles on the N810), and while holding down the Home/Swap button press the power button to turn it on.
If it doesn't boot and start flashing, make sure the USB cable is plugged in.
Please describe your problem clearly, what you do, what you see, what you expect to see and don't see.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Austria
I've flashed the N800 so many times I can do it in my sleep (systems programmer ;-) ).

The sequence I always use is:
- turn off N800 device. If that doesn't work, open battery compartment and remove battery (best removed by inertia) completely and then insert it again.
- connect N800 to PC.
- on the PC, call
sudo ./flasher-3.0.amd64, -F RX-34_DIABLO_5.2008.43-7_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin, -f -R
- it will say something like "device not detected", that's normal since it's not switched on.
- switch the N800 on and then IMMEDIATELY HOLD THE HOME BUTTON.
- PC flashes to N800
- don't forget to disconnect cable after you are done.

(for some reason the Nokia people like commas in their filenames, that's not a mistake, the file is actually named like that)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dannym For This Useful Post:

Tags
bricked n800, command line, flasher