Active Topics

I have an N900 which:
  1. doesn't want to power off properly - makes a beep and then turns off
  2. does not want to resume after the screen has been locked
  3. e key doesn't work

The only way I can turn it on is to remove the battery and re-insert. When I do this it displays the initial welcome screen.

I've tried reflashing (including eMMC), but no joy.

The Following User Says Thank You to mathew For This Useful Post:
Posts: 82 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK, England
Sounds like your device is on it's way out. think something on the main board is broken.

Sorry

If anything doenload Health check and see what you can find out. Once installed open x-term and try

root
reboot

See if it can successfully restart

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Switzerland
I have this every once in a while, but only when connected to the charger. Everything else is fine, so I did not worry too much about it.

With BatteryGraph, I can see that sometimes the load goes through the roof while this happens, but I have no idea, which process(es) cause this.

Healthcheck is okee, root and reboot works just fine, so I do not worry too much about my N900 for now.

Originally Posted by Venty View Post
I have this every once in a while, but only when connected to the charger.
When connected to the charger it is not an issue as the phone doesn't go to sleep.

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK, England
Have you tried a new battery? If it's old it could be ware/tear damage to the battery.

Tags
flasher, help i'm stuck