Hardware revision 2101
NOLO version 1.4.14
Magic 8 byte sequence is: 0x3F 0x27 0xF5 0xE9 0xCA 0x06 0xE2 0x28

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
Hardware revision 2101
NOLO version 1.4.14
Magic 8 byte sequence is: 0x3F 0x27 0xF5 0xE9 0xCA 0x06 0xE2 0x28
Yes, but I do not know how Nokia proprietary flasher got it...
You can see this hardcoded in my cold flasher. Also I have this:

HW rev 2101
NOLO version 1.4.13
0xA5, 0xE4, 0xD3, 0x2D, 0x9E, 0xAA, 0x21, 0x36

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Generating last 8 bytes of meesage was disassembled and decrypted See first post with updated my flasher tool - now it is complete

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 53 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Brooksville, Florida
Please provide non-code documentation on the entire procedure. Your own flasher is now tainted and can be argued to be copyright infringement. By documenting the process in English, someone else can implement it cleanly.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luke-Jr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
@Pali: Please forgive my ignorance, but what is the implication of this project of yours? Does it mean we can revive otherwise dead N900s due to bad flashing? Or is there a bigger implication to this?

Perhaps we can now flash anything we want into the N900?

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by ajack View Post
@Pali: Please forgive my ignorance, but what is the implication of this project of yours? Does it mean we can revive otherwise dead N900s due to bad flashing? Or is there a bigger implication to this?

Perhaps we can now flash anything we want into the N900?
It means:
We don't have to use now-UNMAINTAINED flasher made by Nokia. May make it easier to reflash under newer OSes.

Most stuff is handled in NOLO, but that's another high-priority project. Right now, I guess it would be cool if we could reflash rootfs and emmc using this tool.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Brooksville, Florida
Don't bother with flashing rootfs/eMMC. Just get it able to load and boot a kernel (using the clean-room reverese engineering I already suggested). From there, we can make minimal Linux builds that flash rootfs/eMMC over some standard protocol. So the process would be (all internal to the tool): load minimal-kernel, boot it, then have it reflash the rootfs/eMMC intelligently (it could even optionally preserve repartitioning, by formatting and mounting the target filesystem itself!).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luke-Jr For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
It means:
We don't have to use now-UNMAINTAINED flasher made by Nokia. May make it easier to reflash under newer OSes.

Most stuff is handled in NOLO, but that's another high-priority project. Right now, I guess it would be cool if we could reflash rootfs and emmc using this tool.
tool 0xFFFF can flash kernel&rootfs for n900 via NOLO

Originally Posted by Luke-Jr View Post
Don't bother with flashing rootfs/eMMC. Just get it able to load and boot a kernel (using the clean-room reverese engineering I already suggested). From there, we can make minimal Linux builds that flash rootfs/eMMC over some standard protocol. So the process would be (all internal to the tool): load minimal-kernel, boot it, then have it reflash the rootfs/eMMC intelligently (it could even optionally preserve repartitioning, by formatting and mounting the target filesystem itself!).
Ok, I will write documentation how is secondary image sent to n900 on usb bus. Sending X-Loader is same as on other TI boars, find program pusb.c

It would be good if we start improving 0xFFFF project (add this cold flashing...)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Hmm, isn't the function of ape-algo in Harmattan is a small Linux system to flash the OS (apparently supplanting functions provided by NOLO)? IIRC cmt-algo in Fremantle is similar.

I do not know what is ape-algo or cmt-algo...

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:

Tags
cold-flash, flasher, open source