With Silent/Vibrate profile, my battery lasted for five days idle with some voice calls, and at the end it still had 25% juice left. I find this amazing given that with the General profile it lasts only a couple days.

Without any actual proof other than the above, I suspect the unfinished beast that is PulseAudio. It has caused problems on desktop Linux before, by keeping audio devices opened and active even when not playing anything.

I had the power37 kernel with the ulv settings for 125-1000Mhz.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by wotevah View Post
With Silent/Vibrate profile, my battery lasted for five days idle with some voice calls, and at the end it still had 25% juice left. I find this amazing given that with the General profile it lasts only a couple days.

Without any actual proof other than the above, I suspect the unfinished beast that is PulseAudio. It has caused problems on desktop Linux before, by keeping audio devices opened and active even when not playing anything.

I had the power37 kernel with the ulv settings for 125-1000Mhz.
I'll be trying this!
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
try change the swappiness to 15
you'll get extra 17hours of normal usage
I got 1day 17hours from average usage, and still got 11% left but I'm charging it.

What I've seen, is that being conected to internet seems to cause my battery to drain, even when in theory I have no programs that are using the connection.

It is like keeping the conexion alive causes a big effort from n900.

BTW, I'll test the swappiness as well ...

I think I have to agree with OP.
When I have it on silent the battery does seem to last alot longer. Just didnt realize it until now.

I use autodisconnect for bluetooth and gprs. I had it active for wifi for a while but I tend to find that having wifi on and connected 24/7 actually drains less then wifi check and connect every hour and disconnect by autodisconnect. And that the drainage is actually not really noticable. I did set my wifipower to 10 instead of 100. Mayber thats the key.

@Maxxiumscool
How does one go about changing swappiness and what does the number refer to? I imagine ram swapping but please explain further.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Helsinki
Try this thread and heed the warnings:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...047#post809047

I altered my General profile so that I only get ringing for calls. No bleeps or buzzes for IM, Texts, etc. I also set my internet connection to prefer 3G to the home WiFi (even though I'm mostly at home). This seems to have added about 24 hours to my battery life, so I get 2 to 2.5 days now.

Must look at this 'swappiness' thing too now...