Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Hackday or not. Companies can always show some goodies for important users.

Whats going on with QA document meant for Jolla. What that a dead end?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-09-09 at 08:24.

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
you guys are to cought up in definitions. Our freezer is computer, and i can move it so its a mobile computer...
Hmm... I wouldn't say your fridge/freezer (or mine) is a computer or that it's on a comparison level with a (smart)phone. And even though you can move it I doubt its something you would be doing several times a day, or if it would fit comfortably in your pocket

Anyway all this supposition is a waste of time, whatever Jolla eventually release it's obvious from posts in this topic that not everyone is going to be pleased. So I can't wait to see all the whinging posts once Jolla #1 does come to market - now that will be fun

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Hackday was a hack day, people showed up to talk about Jolla, hack on Mer and Nemo projects. Not an official press event, etc
yes. exactly.

It was a community event arranged by the community for the community. The Devaamo hacksdays are meant to be events where people can work on whatever projects together and get to know like minded people. Inclusive collaboration and networking...

This time people from Jolla were kind enough to pay us visit. I guess they understood the spirit of the event and wanted to get to know the local open source developers, etc.

If someone is just lusting for free gadgets or product reveals, these events are not the places to go.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
http://devaamo.fi/jolla.html - video recordings from hack day

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Do you think jolla going for a announcment and release at the same time. I would be possible with rather low sales numbers.

Another thing. If jolla planning to announce a device soon they should abandon twitter as their main source for information and start creating a brand. Key thing here is a website.

Why launch the site when announcing the device. It bad buissniss. They can share lots of interesting information that can boost their brand without the device.

Customers without knowledge about Jolla will not by their product so jolla, please pump up the sound!

Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
http://devaamo.fi/jolla.html - video recordings from hack day
Thanks! Audio is rather poor though (in the Mer video many things are hard to understand). And most replies on the IRC weren't red aloud, so viewers have no idea what the reaction is about

Last edited by shmerl; 2012-09-10 at 01:12.

One of the answers there - Jolla is not going to use patents offensively (and are going to formalize it somehow).

I really hope jolla won't announce before its ready, its no good.

Of course they can launch the website earlier and release some UI vids to feed the hype, but when they show the handset it should be in stores within a few weeks.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Anything mentioned now will be buried by iPhone 5/iOS 6 media mania followed by the pending Microsoft WP8 media negativity.

I think I can wait for them to pick and choose a solid day and show something that we all will look forward to having in our hands sooner than the older Nokia method of announce now, deliver way later.

how about December 5?

mark your calenders!

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla