Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
OUCH i never knew it was bigger than is possible to flash direct to the device.

Why is this the case when we have got Maemo working as an os, why is meego that big a file that it cannot be used as the os directly?.

Surely something can be done about this?.

One thing i do want to point out is when people realise the power of meego on the N9 they are going to feel unhappy if this os is not in place and ready for the N900.
only been a tester so far, definitely not a keen one witth that
unfortunately, what's running on the N9 is quite a different beast then what we can download from MeeGo i'm afraid.
a developer (possibly with a secondary dev?) may be willing to use it as a daily dev, but as a plain user, it simply isn't up to it, yet.

thus little or no interest in creating a user friendly install as primary OS, i guess

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
only been a tester so far, definitely not a keen one witth that
unfortunately, what's running on the N9 is quite a different beast then what we can download from MeeGo i'm afraid.
a developer (possibly with a secondary dev?) may be willing to use it as a daily dev, but as a plain user, it simply isn't up to it, yet.

thus little or no interest in creating a user friendly install as primary OS, i guess
I guess you dont sitting in a opensource OS on the desktop/laptop computer? cause if you did you had realised this is what open source is about. The community HELP to make the OS and UI etc.

Originally Posted by onethreealpha View Post
dude, if these people can't even find and follow the instructions that have already been posted on this thread (let alone find the instructions on the wiki) how do you think they will have the capacity to repartition the internal MMC?

It''s not as if a 4gb class 6 microSD is actually expensive.......
These people have already repartiotined the emmc & searched the wiki and this thread but all they can find are flamers...

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy, Lombardia
With a repartitioned eMMC (with a reserved partition for MeeGo and not only a bigger optFS) they can use this guide:
http://www.smartphonetab.net/forum/s...-MeeGo-su-eMMC

Please use Google Translator to translate to English (not a perfect translation but mostly readable)

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by godfader View Post
These people have already repartiotined the emmc & searched the wiki and this thread but all they can find are flamers...
Dude, you should cut on the booze.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo8FlWOI9eU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcIxHEggADU is probably more recent than that build. Nsuffys does the mistake of having USB in so you don't see the console bootup, but otherwise it looks fine.

We don't have that background image in the image, I believe..
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by godfader View Post
some have, some haven't.

A small amount of time spent researching would reveal to them all the reasons why eMMC install is not the preferred method to run Meego on the n900.
A similar effort would provide them with the same amount of info on actually doing it anyway.

Furthermore, expressing a lack of tolerance for people who want someone to hold their hand and guide them to do something that is not even recommended by the devs who work on project, might be seen as flaming from your perspective, but it certainly isn't from mine.

The Following User Says Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by onethreealpha View Post
some have, some haven't.

A small amount of time spent researching would reveal to them all the reasons why eMMC install is not the preferred method to run Meego on the n900.
A similar effort would provide them with the same amount of info on actually doing it anyway.

Furthermore, expressing a lack of tolerance for people who want someone to hold their hand and guide them to do something that is not even recommended by the devs who work on project, might be seen as flaming from your perspective, but it certainly isn't from mine.
I know itīs not the prefered method, but for me it would be the best way to do it since i already have multiboot and no class10 sd card.

And lack of tolerance? from me? I simply asked for help in the forum a the part that i did not know...If you donīt wanīt to help, then move along donīt stay just to say that you wonīt help or "hold my hand"...

Originally Posted by PartyboyXP View Post
quote removed
Hi, you must be new here.

Last edited by edgar2; 2011-10-05 at 08:44.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:

Tags
community, meego