Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
I'll try comix once it's passed through testing. I've installed cbrPager though, but I think the N900's screen size may be a little small for me to read comics. My computer setup is spanning a Dell 24 inch screen (rotatable to portrait mode) and a Iiyama 19inch screen (non-rotateable), so the change to a 3.5" screen is huge for me. Movies are fine though. PDF books are fine too.

No you can read them fine using comix if your eyesight is okay, If not you can customize comix so it fits the pages to the screen in a way that's best for you.

I've installed cbr pager which is stable and works well but it has fewer options than comix.
The default reading mode for cbrpager will be fine for everyone. The page zooms in to fill the screen horizontally and you scroll vertically to see the bottom of the page that you're reading.

Portrait mode is enabled on both comix and cbr but again, comix has more options for portrait mode viewing.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
after installing comix it just closes itself, after trying to start.
running from commanline gives the following error:
Code:
~ $ comix
Traceback (most recent call last) :
File "/usr/bin/comix", line 52, in <module>
import osso
ImportError: No module named osso
~ $
any suggestions?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
after installing comix it just closes itself, after trying to start.
running from commanline gives the following error:
Code:
~ $ comix
Traceback (most recent call last) :
File "/usr/bin/comix", line 52, in <module>
import osso
ImportError: No module named osso
~ $
any suggestions?
python-osso installed?

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
after installing python-osso:
Code:
~ $ comix
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/comix", line 53, in <module>
    from portrait import FremantleRotation
  File "/home/opt/comix/bin/portrait.py", line 20, in <module>
    import dbus
ImportError: No module named dbus
~ $
thanks qwertz12

anyone?
would like to make a video about comix, but I don't get it installed^^
see the error the posts above...

edit: okay, I've found out, that comix behave like this, since python is optified...

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2010-01-24 at 21:10.

I've uploaded a new video in my maemo Programs: series:
cbr Pager for N900
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLgziQZg5YM
comix should come soon, if I get it installed...^^

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the preview zehjotkah.

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by ny900 View Post
I am unable to reinstall Comix! I uninstalled it because after a reboot it was not appearing on my desktop and I couldn't add it to the desktop anymore like I would a shortcut or widget. It was installed and I could find and run the app, just not put it where I wanted to. It just wasn't appearing in the list.
Oops. It looks like the vanishing icon was caused by me being overly ambitions optifying everything... there's a new version in Devel that fixes this (and actually, um, runs on the post-Python tablets) that'll make its way into Testing in a week or so if no new bugs pop up.

Sorry for the delayed fix; I had a busy week.

No worries, as long as you haven't abandoned the program. I managed to get it reinstalled but i was freakin out for a little bit without comix on my phone.