Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
http://www.globaucal.com/index.php?o...id=30&Itemid=2

Furthermore, this pair is not harmonized worldwide; to our knowledge it can at best be considered as harmonized for the major parts of the Americas.
So... we do get a 1.7/2.1 Ghz auction, but they're not the same as everywhere else !?

And why oh why can't i order from nokiausa !

Last edited by R-R; 2009-09-07 at 13:19.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by R-R View Post
So, anyway we can order them in Canada directly?
Looks like we might be able to get them via expansys.ca (for $760 ) and we should be able to get true 3G via Wind Mobile when they eventually launch...

More patience is required, it would seem, than I currently have in stock.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
So, order from them with a random shipping price or through a friend in the US with a random border tax or keep waiting for nokia.ca to answer ... aahhhh!

What do we do ? :P

As for wind mobile, i'm getting the feeling that i'm getting screwed all over again:

Why aren’t we talking about Quebec? We’re not in Quebec because we were beat out in the spectrum auction. Quebecor was successful in buying up nearly all of the available AWS spectrum in Quebec. They actually paid more for the Quebec spectrum than we paid for all the rest of Canada! We wanted to be there (and really still want to be there), but we can’t do that without spectrum. However, we are working on having roaming coverage in Quebec and other areas in Canada.
For those from Québec: Kâlissse!

Last edited by R-R; 2009-09-09 at 10:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to R-R For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Saint-Jérôme, Québec
Originally Posted by R-R View Post
As for wind mobile, i'm getting the feeling that i'm getting screwed all over again:

For those from Québec: Kâlissse!
While we wait for Quebecor, Nokia has time to release another model.

Maybe I could use EDGE for a while but I don't want to be stuck with it if Nokia makes a new model.

Originally Posted by brunoqc View Post
While we wait for Quebecor, Nokia has time to release another model.

Maybe I could use EDGE for a while but I don't want to be stuck with it if Nokia makes a new model.
EDGE sounds good only for ssh/chat though, anyone has experience with SIP over 3G? Could we dump our "normal" gsm cell # and go purely data?

And for those thinking about expansys.ca:

RMN93009 <- this coupon gives you 10.87$ (go figure) off...Only one i tried that worked for me, for what it's worth hehe. I haven't clicked order yet but I'm really thinking about it a bit too hard! :P

I was thinking about shipping from a friend in the states... but with the exchange rate/fees and shipping it adds up to about the same as ordering from expansys.ca :/

Should i wait for NCIX or maybe nokia.ca (which didn't answer my mail yet) to get it?

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for e-mailing the Nokia Care Contact Center. We are glad that you have chosen the Nokia N810 as your preferred device.

I apologize for the delay in responding to your e-mail message and greatly appreciate your patience.

I appreciate your inquiry in the Nokia N900 device and the possibility of having it in Canada.

With regard to your inquiry about Nokia N900, we would like to let you know that as of the moment the release date of it in Canada is not yet available. Please check our website for further updates.

XXXXXX, this is to let you know that you can only purchased Nokia products from Nokia USA online store if you have a USA credit card and USA address. And also, the warranty will only be applicable in the country that the product is designated in.

For more information about Nokia N900, kindly visit http://maemo.nokia.com.

XXXXXX, I sincerely regret any inconvenience this may have caused. Nokia appreciates your business and continued support of our products.

If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us again. To ensure proper handling of your case, kindly continue using the current subject line.

Thank you very much for your email. Have a great day!

Kind regards,
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
XXXXXX

-------------8<--------------

So how come expansys.ca can sell it?
They're bringing stock from the states?

EDIT: Ah what the hell, i ordered from expansys-usa.com as they can ship to canada and right now 650$ USD is better than 750$ CAD, go figure!

Last edited by R-R; 2009-09-10 at 14:43.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to R-R For This Useful Post:
Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Hrm.... 650 + 21 shipping + 7.5% tax = $721.33 US = $780 CAD

Still cheaper than expansys.ca though. *sigh.

You'd save 80 bucks if you just went across to buy it, which is what I plan to do.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
As a Canadian ordering from an American retailer, there's always a hidden duty cost / brokerage fee that the courier charges you and that isn't factored into the shipping. It is never any less than $20, and it can end up being over $100.

If I remember correctly, expansys.ca factors that into their shipping costs. That's probably why they're more expensive. But I might be wrong. Tell us how it works out.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by qole View Post
As a Canadian ordering from an American retailer, there's always a hidden duty cost / brokerage fee that the courier charges you and that isn't factored into the shipping. It is never any less than $20, and it can end up being over $100.

If I remember correctly, expansys.ca factors that into their shipping costs. That's probably why they're more expensive. But I might be wrong. Tell us how it works out.
You can say that again.

My wife shipped my $200 PC from the US. She paid $50 to ship it and FedEx told us "yeah, brokerage fees are included".

A few days later, FedEx was holding my PC hostage unless I paid them $150 before receipt.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ São Paulo, SP, Brasil
Isn't there a chance Nokia is in some negotiation with the smaller carriers that support the N900 as it is?... Either that or they will really wait for step 5 or 6 to make a USA directed version, and the N900 is still a kind of novelty prototype right now, as are the other tablets. No iPhone killer, just a skirmisher!

The (USA) unpopular phone technology would serve to make only the most dedicated users buy it, just like the lack of phone function has prevented more general users to buy the tablet in the past.