Active Topics

Hi,
is there any way to make the device ask for the security code at startup without enabling autolock?

I would also like be able to security lock the device with a button, gesture, whatever... on the N900 I would have pressed the power button and clicked "secure device", anything equivalent on the N9?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
enable autolock and set timeout to million minutes from commandline.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Pittsburgh, PA USA
Could you provide more details on setting the timeout?

When trying to get Mail for Exchange working, I enabled autolock. I get 5 tries to unlock and it locks after 15 minutes - and there does not appear to be any way to increase these values.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
enable autolock and set timeout to million minutes from commandline.
I used to do this on the N900, whats the command for the N9?

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on May 2012 @ INDIA
Originally Posted by solbrit View Post
I used to do this on the N900, whats the command for the N9?
settings/security/device lock/autolock/ set your time

Originally Posted by ruplee76 View Post
settings/security/device lock/autolock/ set your time

Yes, but the top limit is one hour. That's why I'd like to know how to set a higher value from the terminal, as proposed by rainisto. It should be a matter of editing a configuration file (as on the N900), but which one?

Edit: looking back, it was gconf on the N900:

/usr/bin/gconftool -s -t int /system/osso/dsm/locks/devicelock_autolock_timeout 1000000

This does nothing on the N9 though. Any ideas? Anyone......?

Last edited by solbrit; 2013-01-25 at 23:52.

Still nothing, no clever ideas, no imaginative suggestions...? Lend me a hand oh you clever people out there...

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Devon, England
Originally Posted by solbrit View Post
Edit: looking back, it was gconf on the N900:

/usr/bin/gconftool -s -t int /system/osso/dsm/locks/devicelock_autolock_timeout 1000000

This does nothing on the N9 though. Any ideas? Anyone......?
I've searched through the N9's settings (thankfully, there aren't too many). I found the timeout before the screen dims, locks etc. easily enough, but not the security lock.

It doesn't look like that setting's stored using GConf any more, basically, and I've no idea what they actually are using.

Sorry if this isn't very helpful.

Yeah, searching the system I came to the same conclusion. Frustrating. It has to be possible somehow... Thanks for posting anyway.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
maybe the ability to set an "infinite" security timeout was deemed unsecure, and the possibility removed?